The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan University PGCE (Primary) Interview?

I have been offered an interview for in a few weeks at Manchester Met. for the primary PGCE course, and I am a little nervous. Could anyone who has experienced the interview process this year tell me a little bit about it? What were the group interviews like? and how many people do you have to do your presentation in front of?
Thanks
Reply 1
I'm not sure if by now you'll have completed your interview but just in case not.. I have accepted my place on the Primary PGCE Course. The day was very very informal and we were placed in a room and divided in half. The first half had their individual interviews and the second had their group presentation first.

The interviews were relaxed and asked the normal questions, why do you want to teach etc. And then they went on to describe situations and how you would combat them such as a student whose primary language wasn't English etc. Make sure you incorporate your experience into your answers as well!

The group interviews were also relaxed, about 6 of us went into a separate room with one lecturer and spoke for the allotted time, be careful not to go over I got the impression it was something they were strict about. It wasn't as much the content they wanted from you as to how you delivered it. After everyone had presented we had a group discussion on the topics that we all raised, try to contribute but don't overpower. Listen and take in what people are saying and respond in kind.

In-between the interview and presentation whilst waiting to switch over, we had to write about the teacher we wanted to be. This wasn't moderated as such and I left mine when interviewing and came back to it after.

It was a relaxed process compared to the other interviews I went for. Good luck!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending