The Student Room Group

Expectations...

I’ve always hated science and maths; somehow I managed to get into the top set. I find it difficult and boring, but my teachers think I’m smart and really push me to the point where I don’t even want to be in this set anymore. They raise their expectations so high. I know they’re supposed to do that but I don’t want to be pushed like this. I consistently achieve a C and I think im better suited to the second or third set. So when I confronted my maths teacher with this he thought to have a parental meeting to move me down. My science teacher said my book work is bad which I agree with. I’m in year 10, I’m happy with passing science and maths with a C grade. They don’t think that. How can I lower their expectations?
Even if you dont want to be in the higher set, remember that in the higher sets youll definitely sit a higher tier paper and youll cover the course in more depth which will hopefully lead to you having a better understanding of the content. I know its annoying to be in the highest set and feel stupid compared to the others but if you do your gcses next year and got Bs and As in science and maths itd be so much better than getting a C
Original post by tso
I’ve always hated science and maths; somehow I managed to get into the top set. I find it difficult and boring, but my teachers think I’m smart and really push me to the point where I don’t even want to be in this set anymore. They raise their expectations so high. I know they’re supposed to do that but I don’t want to be pushed like this. I consistently achieve a C and I think im better suited to the second or third set. So when I confronted my maths teacher with this he thought to have a parental meeting to move me down. My science teacher said my book work is bad which I agree with. I’m in year 10, I’m happy with passing science and maths with a C grade. They don’t think that. How can I lower their expectations?

Science is great I love it but I agree with you with maths I was top set aswell in y10 for maths but I hated it so much I lacked and just messed about which lead me failing the subject… looking back now I think I was better suited in 2nd/3rd set

Quick Reply

Latest