The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Does opposing gay marriage make you homophobic?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Adeel Ali
I'd appreciate it if you could type properly, without using the word 'fam', or any other slang word for that matter. Secondly, if you are from a Muslim family, still you don't know the beliefs of the 'majority' of Muslims' around the world. I for one have the same Beliefs as the OP. I have nothing against homosexual people, but I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman. Just my two cents.

I agree! In Islam, you are not judged by your desires or tendencies. You are judged by your actions.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Well homosexual marriage is a reality in this country.

Okay. Your point is..?
Original post by Lattoo
Gay people are born gay, I am not opposing that
For instance, women are born as women, but I believe in the islamic principles of inheritance law and polygamy. Does that make me sexiest.

I still dont believe that I am homophobic. And I am not judging!?
I dont say that just because you practice homosexuality, you are a bad human or that u will go to hell.

If I was an employer, I could not care less whether the person is gay, straight, black, asian etc.
I dont think I am homophobic

You are unknowingly (or not) making contradictory statements. I'm glad you acknowledged that gay people are born gay; so are infertile people ( like said in the ayaat you mentioned) so how can you not have a problem with the latter being able to marry and not the former? ( This is regarding the reproduction aspect of course)
Reply 63
Lol @ these Muslims who say they have nothing against gay people. Who are you trying to fool? We all know you hate them
Reply 64
Original post by Lattoo
Gay people are born gay, I am not opposing that
For instance, women are born as women, but I believe in the islamic principles of inheritance law and polygamy. Does that make me sexiest.

I still dont believe that I am homophobic. And I am not judging!?
I dont say that just because you practice homosexuality, you are a bad human or that u will go to hell.

If I was an employer, I could not care less whether the person is gay, straight, black, asian etc.
I dont think I am homophobic

Look... You're stuck in the meanings of words, which is totally not the point.

If a same sex couple wants to marry, so be it. Why do you personally mind?
There are political marriages, Christian marriages, Muslim marriages and so on. Don't standardise an institution on your own beliefs. Political marriage for example is purely legal, no faiths attached. Why is there a problem with that?

Honestly, you have a good mindset overall, unlike people like Al_94, but whether same sex couples want to marry or not is non of my or your business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lattoo
I am NOT a troll, I do NOT have multiple accounts! Prove it ! I challenge U ! NOW
liars !

[scroll]:troll: :troll2: [/scroll]
Original post by Trypsin
Lol @ these Muslims who say they have nothing against gay people. Who are you trying to fool? We all know you hate them

You, for one, should be happy that there are Muslims that don't have an issue with homosexuality. Stop trying to instigate a fight and just accept than not every Muslim has an issue with gay people.
Does opposing interracial marriage make you racist?

Yes.
I wouldn't say so, it is perfectly possible to believe that marriage is something quite specific that is only between a man and a woman. It isn't to say anything about gay relationships or the validity of them, it's just a belief that marriage isn't simply about a loving, romantic relationship, but is instead something quite distinct.
Original post by binarythoughts
You, for one, should be happy that there are Muslims that don't have an issue with homosexuality. Stop trying to instigate a fight and just accept than not every Muslim has an issue with gay people.

Thank you. I'm glad to see some people can actually tolerate Islam.
I bet there is more 'hate' against Islam that there is against Homosexuals.
Original post by Law-Hopeful

Yes.

Who's opposing inter-racial marriages?
Reply 70

The vast majority of Muslims have a problem with it. Clearly OP has an issue with it otherwise he wouldn't be saying gay people shouldn't get married.
Marriage, politically, is there for unification of man and woman and provides certain benefits under the assumption that it will lead to children. It's a dated idea but the financial concessions intended for this purpose shouldn't be given when they aren't deserved if that's what the rules are there for. Obviously, there should be no repercussions for being gay, but you either change the rules or don't allow it in my opinion.

I don't see why people want gay marriage, honestly. Maybe it's a daft opinion, but what's wrong with civil partnerships? I wouldn't fight for the right to marry, it's just a word at the end of the day...

Obviously, the religious people who are opposed to both the marriage and sexuality do it because they're repressed and don't have the capacity for independent thought. They're sheep, hatred amassed into a collective ball of fear, evil, restrictions and uniformity.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by *Stefan*
Look... You're stuck in the meanings of words, which is totally not the point.

If a same sex couple wants to marry, so be it. Why do you personally mind?
There are political marriages, Christian marriages, Muslim marriages and so on. Don't standardise an institution on your own beliefs. Political marriage for example is purely legal, no faiths attached. Why is there a problem with that?

Honestly, you have a good mindset overall, unlike people like Al_94, but whether same sex couples want to marry or not is non of my or your business.

What's wrong with my mindset? Are you one of those white liberals that can't tolerate anyone with different views to you?
Thank you. I'm glad to see some people can actually tolerate Islam.
I bet there is more 'hate' against Islam that there is against Homosexuals.

For the record, I'm a Muslim.

Oh, and that was an analogy.

Original post by Trypsin
The vast majority of Muslims have a problem with it. Clearly OP has an issue with it otherwise he wouldn't be saying gay people shouldn't get married.

Well that's a totally different statement to the one you just made. There are Muslims that don't have an issue with gay people and even though I don't agree with all of OP's views, he does accept that homosexuality is not a choice and that besides maritally, he wouldn't discriminate against them.

Opposing interracial marriage is analogous to opposing equal marriage; opposing equal marriage makes someone homophobic in the same sense that opposing interracial marriage makes someone racist.
Reply 75
You are unknowingly (or not) making contradictory statements. I'm glad you acknowledged that gay people are born gay; so are infertile people ( like said in the ayaat you mentioned) so how can you not have a problem with the latter being able to marry and not the former? ( This is regarding the reproduction aspect of course)

Infertile people can still have children if Allah chooses to.
Gay couples can never have children, not physically possible.
Reply 76
For the record, I'm a Muslim.

Oh, and that was an analogy.

Well that's a totally different statement to the one you just made. There are Muslims that don't have an issue with gay people and even though I don't agree with all of OP's views, he does accept that homosexuality is not a choice and that besides maritally, he wouldn't discriminate against them.

Marital discrimination is still discrimination though isn't it? "There are Muslims that don't have an issue with gay people" - you're missing my point: these Muslims who claim to not be against homosexuality are one in a million, and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't be surprised if they were just saying that to be politically correct
Opposing interracial marriage is analogous to opposing equal marriage; opposing equal marriage makes someone homophobic in the same sense that opposing interracial marriage makes someone racist.

No. Opposing inter-racial marriage wouldn't make you a racist.
It's just your belief right? Your not being discriminating towards them personally.
Reply 78

Yes.

You have understand the reasons why I oppose generally same sex relations or gay marriage (but i tolerate). Marriage serves the purpose of reproduction.

I oppose sex before marriage, for the exact same reason. Marriage is about reproduction.
Original post by al_94
Liberalism = Destruction. It has become an imperialist colonial force dictating the behaviour of others.

It's the same strand of liberalism that permits homosexuality that also permits you to practise Islam in the UK.

You can't have it both ways.

Latest

Trending

Trending