The Student Room Group

WHat's your most time consuming a level

Scroll to see replies

Biology.
So much to read and grasp and retain like a sponge. Then practise the papers and go back to your notes as you're bound to forget some details and rewrite those asterisk questions till you fracture your hand. :sadnod:
Physics would be time consuming if I treated it nicely. Its a neglected child for me.
Thank God for chemistry, I have a great teacher.
(edited 9 years ago)
maths for deffo
Hmm I thought it would be history or philosophy but NOTHING compares to geography. I have over 100 case studies to learn!! So. Many. Pointless. Facts.
Spanish, definitely Spanish, there really isn't a limit to how much revision you can do
Chemistry but psychology is just infuriating the all the case studies to learn
Original post by will_jg
Definitely History, there's just so much content.

I agree too much! Especially in A2
Original post by yasmin#2
i do biology ,chemistry, french and arabic as well
i think maths is the most time consuming because you have to practise to be confident (and im guilty of forgetting methods after i learn them xD)
biology is easy imo, just memorisation
chemistry is a lot harder but still doable once you get the hang of it + fully understand the concepts
arabic is easy af, but hoping that the essay Q is easy this year (its worth 51% of the marks)
and french is so-so depends really, you can never know whether youve done enough because it depends on your luck - the exam uses genuine extracts from sources so you'll never understand everything , hoping ill do okay in the oral so yeah

overall maths is the hardest (even though i got an A* at gcse ,im not a natural so...) chem is alright and bio is easy
what did u get at GCSE for bio ancd chem and what are u getting now?
Original post by Princepieman
French

Physics (Investigation is a biatch)

Computing
Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

how hard are they, like what did u get at gcse and what are u getting now
Original post by ChemFemme
Biology. I do chemistry and maths too, but no doubt biology.

This is because despite the content, I find answering papers quite tricky. I often miss the essence of the question is what I've been told. So I work super hard to fix up my answers and there's only so much I can do. (Advice will be accepted graciously, I'm doing Unit 5 Edexcel.)

what did u get at gcse for maths bio and chem and what are u getting now
Original post by youreanutter
how hard are they, like what did u get at gcse and what are u getting now

French isn't too hard, it's just a continuous effort of keeping up with your grammar/vocabulary. I'm doing the Scottish equivalent to A-levels, which, from what I've seen, is very similar to A2 French. So, you have the reading and listening; the speaking exam; the listening and writing. I find Listening and reading fairly easy but the writing can be an arduous task.

Maths is great! It's the equivalent of the A2 Maths + Further Pure modules, there is quite a decent array of topics we learn which makes the subject more interesting. I guess Maths is the hardest conceptually but with practice it becomes more natural.

Physics isn't too difficult. It's mostly plug and play formula with some problem solving/explanation questions. If you're good at logical reasoning it should be easy.

I did Scottish Standard Grade (equivalent to GCSE) and got 1 in Maths (A), 2 in Physics (B), 1 in French (A), 1 in Computing (A).

I'm on track for: A1 in Maths (A*), A1 in Physics (A*), A1 in Computing (A*) and either an A or B in French.
French - seems like doing Literature, Politics, Geography and Film Studies all rolled into one half the time! There's so much to learn and practice, especially as I'm resitting AS, but it is my favourite :smile:

Biology - loads of content, but rubbish teacher. Have to learn what the markscheme needs as well as the actual knowledge -_-

Chemistry - just gotta learn it. Either know it or you don't.

Maths - not at all time consuming really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did u get at GCSE for bio ancd chem and what are u getting now?

my school did gcse science differently, i did core, further and additional science (so core is unit1 all, additional is unit 2 etc.) & i got A*AA

right now Bs in chem and As in bio
PHILOSOPHY AND ETHICS...
there's just so much further reading to do, and not being great at essays I have so much practice to fit in before the exams!!
maths is by far the least time consuming..
chemistry and biology are fairly even, although biology has more content, the content is easier to get your head around than chemistry- which takes more time learning and practising smaller amount of work
General studies. Damn, there's just way too content to cover, I can't keep my head out of books.
French - everybody told me oh, it will be easy, you won't even need to revise and it can be your easy fourth AS.

They lied.
Reply 115
art
Geography
which ones more difficult out of bio or chem would you say

Definitely biology. Depends on the person but there's so much to remember for bio.
Definitely french. ¬_¬
Then I guess maths... but only because I'm really struggling with the Stats papers at the moment and we haven't even finish the C2 content!!
Further maths. Not finished with D2 and my teacher set a 12 hour homework assignment which I ended up having to in one night.

Quick Reply

Latest