The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

King's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Fellow King's here. NST from 2007. Do put in your details in the thread I started... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=333273
Let's all get to know each other while we can...

B.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Robob
:eek:

Commies!

Dont listen to him, he's one of them

Yeah rob, don’t think iv forgotten about the time i was attacked by those idiots from downing ...i hold you personally responsible for their behaviour! :p:
Reply 22
King's applicant for SPS, but i've been pooled...aah the waiting!!
Reply 23
Hi all.

I applied to King's for History and have been pooled, kinda sad I now know I don't have a chance of King's, as I thought of it as the centrepiece of Cambridge with its gorgeous chapel. And all the people there seemed so nice, one of my interviews had been written down as the wrong room, so I had to leg it back to the bar to get one of the students helping out to help me find my way. Also I bumped into a nice Philosopher when I'd just come out of my first interview, who was very pleasant and wished me luck :smile:

But yes, I should think along with most people it would be difficult for me to turn down an offer from ANY college, although whenever I go past King's I think I will always sigh to myself and wish I'd got there :rolleyes:

Good luck fellow poolees!
Skylark
Hi all.

I applied to King's for History and have been pooled, kinda sad I now know I don't have a chance of King's, as I thought of it as the centrepiece of Cambridge with its gorgeous chapel. And all the people there seemed so nice, one of my interviews had been written down as the wrong room, so I had to leg it back to the bar to get one of the students helping out to help me find my way. Also I bumped into a nice Philosopher when I'd just come out of my first interview, who was very pleasant and wished me luck :smile:

But yes, I should think along with most people it would be difficult for me to turn down an offer from ANY college, although whenever I go past King's I think I will always sigh to myself and wish I'd got there :rolleyes:

Good luck fellow poolees!

Aww, that was probably me as I'm a philosopher and I'm nice :wink:
Good luck with the pooling- you still have a chance of being fished out by King's so don't think that if you are eventually accepted it will be by another college- it isn't always the case. :smile:
Reply 25
Has anyone applied 4 eco in Kings? Not if i did - im in L6th :smile: so i have about half a year before UCAS vendetta.

Seriously, how is it like? Any people doing eco from this college? Ive been in Cambridge last summer (July 2006) and the college which I still remember is King's - I found it the most comfortable, friendly, excited, its close to the Humanities block (n ecos in there). What else... You have cows on the grass in there.

This post's worth deleting... :biggrin: I was just wondering about people who have applied or doing eco in there
SKIF
Has anyone applied 4 eco in Kings? Not if i did - im in L6th :smile: so i have about half a year before UCAS vendetta.

Seriously, how is it like? Any people doing eco from this college? Ive been in Cambridge last summer (July 2006) and the college which I still remember is King's - I found it the most comfortable, friendly, excited, its close to the Humanities block (n ecos in there). What else... You have cows on the grass in there.
This post's worth deleting... :biggrin: I was just wondering about people who have applied or doing eco in there

Rumour has it, if you get a first you get to put your cow on that lawn! Yeah King's is nice anyway, and people who do economics here seem to enjoy it. :smile:
Reply 27
Jigglypuff
Aww, that was probably me as I'm a philosopher and I'm nice. (Actually...I was the only Philosopher helping out so kind of narrows it down ) Good luck with the pooling- you still have a chance of being fished out by King's so don't think that if you are eventually accepted it will be by another college- it isn't always the case.

Haha! Well if it was you I met then, I was coming out of my first interview which went rather well :biggrin: and I was on a high so decided to randomly talk to you, so sorry about that! Are you in your first year doing Philosophy?

Every time the phone rings now I scramble to it regardless of what I'm doing and pray..
I suppose deep down I'm really hoping it'll be King's who I hear from, but the statistics are so violently against me; the stuff they sent me about the Winter Pool had the statistic: "2878 poolees (well they didn't say "poolees" but you know what I mean :p:" "126 received offers from their choice college". But I suppose you have to be in it to win it... :s-smilie:

Anyhow I'm sorry this is a little off the thread topic but I'm all nervous and...
ARGH!
xxx
Skylark
Haha! Well if it was you I met then, I was coming out of my first interview which went rather well :biggrin: and I was on a high so decided to randomly talk to you, so sorry about that! Are you in your first year doing Philosophy?

Every time the phone rings now I scramble to it regardless of what I'm doing and pray..
I suppose deep down I'm really hoping it'll be King's who I hear from, but the statistics are so violently against me; the stuff they sent me about the Winter Pool had the statistic: "2878 poolees (well they didn't say "poolees" but you know what I mean :p:" "126 received offers from their choice college". But I suppose you have to be in it to win it... :s-smilie:

Anyhow I'm sorry this is a little off the thread topic but I'm all nervous and...
ARGH!
xxx

Good luck...King's are pretty good at getting their applicants into other colleges, and I'm sure if you are pooled to another college you will love it anyway- they're all really nice. Yep, I'm in my first year doing philosophy. Trying to think who you are...where were we at the time?
Reply 29
Jigglypuff
Good luck...King's are pretty good at getting their applicants into other colleges, and I'm sure if you are pooled to another college you will love it anyway- they're all really nice. Yep, I'm in my first year doing philosophy. Trying to think who you are...where were we at the time?

Errmm I'd just come out of my interview at the far end of the long white building (don't know what it's called!) right by the Chapel, and then I think I walked back to the bar with you & asked you what you were studying. I can't remember much else (the day was a blur for me!) but I do remember you were very nice :smile:

I am trying to distract myself with revision at the moment, it's typical that my exam next week falls slap bang in the middle of the dates given for when people may be offered interviews!

The worst thing is not knowing. Two people at my school have been accepted, 1 to Oxford and 1 to Cambridge, and 1 has been rejected, but I'm the only poolee. It's also strange telling people that I've been pooled, because when you say "I got my letter!" to people without looking utterly devastated, they say "you've got in!?" and you have to say "err... not quite..."

I just want closure now!
xxx
Skylark
Errmm I'd just come out of my interview at the far end of the long white building (don't know what it's called!) right by the Chapel, and then I think I walked back to the bar with you & asked you what you were studying. I can't remember much else (the day was a blur for me!) but I do remember you were very nice :smile:

I am trying to distract myself with revision at the moment, it's typical that my exam next week falls slap bang in the middle of the dates given for when people may be offered interviews!

The worst thing is not knowing. Two people at my school have been accepted, 1 to Oxford and 1 to Cambridge, and 1 has been rejected, but I'm the only poolee. It's also strange telling people that I've been pooled, because when you say "I got my letter!" to people without looking utterly devastated, they say "you've got in!?" and you have to say "err... not quite..."

I just want closure now!
xxx

Oh right, the Gibbs building- I do vaguely remember! I think Cambridge are quite flexible with interviews, so won't give you one the day before your exam or anything. Yeah, my friend was pooled last year and I remember she had to explain to everyone the concept of it- it's a bit weird. Do you have any other universities that you would be really happy to go to?
Skylark
I have offers from Warwick and Exeter so far, and I would hopefully be happy at Warwick. I'm holding out on responses from Durham, York, St. Andrews and obviously Cambridge.
Cambridge is definitely my first choice though, were I to be offered a place I would grab it lightning fast!

It was a little bit offputting going to my deputy headmistress yesterday to let her know I'd been pooled, when she said "oh right, we've had people pooled before"
me: *tentatively* "did any of them get in...?"
her: "no".

Time will tell, I suppose!
xxx

Warwick is lovely- had I been rejected I think I'd have been quite happy there...better facilities than anywhere else I looked at, definitely. Good luck with the pooling...let us know if you hear :smile:
Reply 32
Economics at King's
Philosophy. :smile:
Fellow kingsmen, please pass this on to as many friends/colleagues as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

http://cambridgeappeal.blogspot.com
Reply 35
Hey, anyone else here who's got an offer for Engineering at King's? Just nice to get to know some people i might be meeting (grades depending) in october. Also wondering if anyone at King's or going to King's got an interest in Scuba Diving? Its my sport of choice and was wondering if anyones knows anything bout any university clubs or local clubs?:smile:
Reply 36
I was originally going to apply to Kings. But then I changed my mind when I saw that they encouraged gap years and made you do the TSA test. :biggrin:

Hope you guys enjoy being in the same Matric photo as Lilly Cole this October! :P
Reply 37
I heard she was coming this year hmm... and i just checked her on wikipedia and guess what she is coming WOW shes a model and really smart!!!! lol

I'm just happy i got in!!! but now is the hard part, I'd better do some of that coursework stuff
This isn't completely relevant, but in the unlikely event that I turn out to be good enough to apply to Cambridge in September, is it the best idea to just not consider King's, as I am at an independent school?
Gah. Don't believe that, because that's what my head of sixth form told me too. I ignored it and got in (I was technically in a public school). Honestly, it doesn't make an ounce of difference to your application and they're not going to reject you based on the fact that you went to an independant school!

:smile:

Quick Reply