The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

PG students 2015 entry?

My name is Olivia, I am from the US and will entering the MA Medieval/Early Modern History in September 2015!

Anyone else out here a PG student entering this fall? Anyone planning on living on campus?

Thought it would be nice to meet some people before I cross the pond!
Hey, I'm Dani and I'm from the US, too! I'm entering the MSc Osteoarchaeology program with a focus in medieval coasts.

Just a heads up, so far as I've been looking around, the pg provided housing is kinda really far from many of the academic buildings. You might want to look into some of the private contract housing options they're sending around and google maps it to the history building, where I assume you'll be spending most of your time. That was a tip I got from a friend in engineering who says the city is so hilly and postgrads spend so much time in their respective buildings anyway, it will help in the end to look closer. Take it as you will.

Where are you coming from? I'm graduating from University of Maryland in...a month. Not much time left now!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Yah it looks like the hill colleges are my safest bet. I'm paying for my housing with a student loan so I havent really looked into off campus housing. I really like what I've heard about brackenbury, and i wouldnt mind the walk but I'm nervous about going home late at night after hanging out at the campus pubs, Lol!

I'm graduating from Cleveland State U in May, but I'll be spending the summer in CT so I'll fly out of NY.

Have you been placed in a college yet? If not which ones are you looking at?
Oh cool, I live in CT. Good place...quiet if you're out of the cities...but still nice. What are you working on up in the land of endless cows?

Yeah, if you don't mind the walk, that sounds great. The night walks weird me out too much to be that far...that's my only real concern. I've been looking at the city center housing near Crookes/Crookesmoor and the biggest draw there is the pubs. Obviously. Closeness, too, but let's be real. It's the pubs.

What do you mean, placed in a college? I've heard nothing about that...
Im sorry! I just realized this is the Sheffield thread. I actually changed my mind just last week, and pulled my acceptance from Sheffield. I'm heading to Durham now and they work on a college system (kind of like the houses in Hogwarts).

Sorry about that! Too bad it would've been nice to know someone!:frown:

Im actually from CT originally so I'll be moving back im with my folks for the summer to save up.
Oh well. Have fun at Durham! A friend of mine goes there and loves it, I hope you do, too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending