The Student Room Group

Do you think it's okay to skip school purely to revise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saratheawesome1
Lol I actually missed school today for this exact reason! I know I'm just doing GCSES but still today would of been a completely pointless day if I went in!

What, like every other day in school pre-exams?
Reply 21
Yes, I do this myself (I don't miss school, but I just miss all my lessons) when I know that we're going to do something 'fun' in lesson or revision sessions which will just end up with us all gossiping. There's too many distractions and I work far more better alone.
Yes I think it perfectly fine as long as you study at home. I do it sometimes before prelims and exams because i find i get too distracted in school by my friends when we do nothing but self directed study at school so I decide to stay at home.
Original post by Angelo12231
What, like every other day in school pre-exams?

Well I don't do that it was just today that I thought is it realllyyy worth going in? But yeah is someone wanted to miss every other day of school in the run up to exams I think they should be allowed to do so. If that person feels it will be more beneficial to them to stay at home rather then going to school then that's their choice. Surely you agree they should be doing something productive with their time i.e. Revision?
Yeah do it if your school was as bad as mine. But you do get a study leave so it doesn't really have an impact. It's your choice though, you know which days are worth going in for.
I skipped college sometimes to do work, because otherwise it wouldn't have gotten done to a good standard if at all
Original post by Angelo12231
Personally I don't think so, but my friend seems to miss about 2 days per week to revise (even though we revise in school) and it is quite unfair...

The end goal is to get the grades if you go to a terrible ****ty school that isnt helping you and you can see that its better to work solo then do it!
I took 2 weeks off to revise, I found school a total distraction. Whatever the best end result for the person is they should take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest