The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
the 2 best french films have got to be 'monsieur batignole' and '8 femmes'-one's really cute and the other is just pure entertainment!
Reply 41
gooner1592
I think we study 'Amelie'. Although my teachers say that it's a good film (though i'm not convinced), i'd much rather take a more literary approach to the coursework component:rolleyes:

Great film. Amazing cinematography, plus great direction by Jeunet.

Take a peek at Kassowitz's La Haine (a film I also studied for A2.) Its very apt considering that the social problems he addressed still haven't been fixed some decade on since the film was made.
I just did Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Choderlos de Laclos - it is absolutely brilliant, really scandalous. There's tons to write about it as well, especially if you're interested in the revolution. However, it is very difficult, and I only got through it with a fair bit of help from my exchange partner :smile: Madame Bovary is really good too.
Reply 43
gaijin
Great film. Amazing cinematography, plus great direction by Jeunet.

Take a peek at Kassowitz's La Haine (a film I also studied for A2.) Its very apt considering that the social problems he addressed still haven't been fixed some decade on since the film was made.

Thanks, everybody in year 13 at my school at the moment says that it's fantastic, but it sounds so...girly:confused: :p:

Also, thank-you for advising 'La Haine'...it sounds quite controversial for some reason...and I like controversy:p:

Gooner
Reply 44
gaijin
Camus? And that's only because I like Camus.

I'm struggling to remember which novel I did. It was probably "Un Sac de Billes" by Joffo. Its quite easy to read, because its written in the style of a young child.

I'm doing those atm!:five:

Latest

Trending

Trending