The Student Room Group

I keep getting distracted

Every time I go to revise something pops up and I'm so easily distracted any tips please in a time crunch and getting nothing done?x :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
You need a motivation. Think about how proud and rewarding it would be to go to your dream college/university/ or work in your dream job. But think about the horror, despair and sadness you will feel with not being able to achieve your dream because you simply couldn't be bothered to revise for your exams. Consider sticking a picture of your dream above your study area to motivate you. I've stuck a picture of going to King's college Cambridge above me so if I'm ever distracted I can look at it and remember the importance of doing well in these exams. Finally, as others have said, make a timetable and stick to it. Organisation and self-discipline is crucial. Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 2
Another thing is literally to just shut your computer and electrical devices, and try out other environments for study, such as the garden, or maybe a cafe near you. It also helps to use the computer as little as possible (for me anyway), as i already have the notes in my books. Try increasing your revision periods little by little- go from 1h to maybe 1h30 the next day if you can maintain your focus for an hour already. Even if you are in a rush, you can't just go from 1h to just 2h30, as your productivity plummets the longer you study, so take breaks. Also just keep motivation in mind.Good luck!:biggrin:
Reply 3
Thanks so much 😊 I think that's the problem no motivation but I've no clue what I want to when I'm older but the other advise I'd great thanks x 😄
Reply 4
Original post by sava
Another thing is literally to just shut your computer and electrical devices, and try out other environments for study, such as the garden, or maybe a cafe near you. It also helps to use the computer as little as possible (for me anyway), as i already have the notes in my books. Try increasing your revision periods little by little- go from 1h to maybe 1h30 the next day if you can maintain your focus for an hour already. Even if you are in a rush, you can't just go from 1h to just 2h30, as your productivity plummets the longer you study, so take breaks. Also just keep motivation in mind.Good luck!:biggrin:
thanks I'll give it ago because it'll always be after 1 page someone just texts me and I loose all concentration and you to 😄
Reply 5
Original post by sava
and also I hope you get kings college 😊
Reply 6
Original post by Cara2801
and also I hope you get kings college

Haha I've still got a while to go. My GCSE exams are in may
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by sava
Haha I've still got a while to go. My GCSE exams are in may������������

Haha well Goodluck in them 😄

Quick Reply

Latest