The Student Room Group

How to move on from a crush

I like this girl and we've been talking for a few weeks personally I thought it went really well, we can have a good laugh and joke and we both tease each other. She's really quiet but when I talk to her she tells me a lot of things.

Right now, she keeps on looking at me a lot and smiling and her and her friends always seem to be looking at me and talking. Then my friend who is a girl came up to me and my crush started to look a lot and then looked at her friend then kept looking at us, my crush then tried to talk to me when my friend was there. Which is a bit of a suprise as my crush is shy.

So I went to talk to my crush and then once I finished talking she looked at her mate who was sat opposite her straight away lol.

Then she tells me she's going to meet her boyfriend. Im like wtf I really thought it was going well. Now nothing is going to come of it. How can I move on.

I dont know why, but I am affected by this and a little upset. I just dont understand why she never mentioned it before and it was going well.

So what can I do to move on ? Just leave it ?
Move on. If you just avoid interaction with her, you'll be fine dw. If you need to, just completely blank her.
Buy a copy of GTA
Go online
Do the heists

You'll forget about everything
Original post by Anjum - Yasmin
Move on. If you just avoid interaction with her, you'll be fine dw. If you need to, just completely blank her.

This blanking stuff that people do to avoid getting hurt does it tend to be permanent, or is it just for a few months until feelings have settled then you start talking again.
Original post by Redfrost
This blanking stuff that people do to avoid getting hurt does it tend to be permanent, or is it just for a few months until feelings have settled then you start talking again.

Well, to be honest I don't really know. It's just the best advice I could offer to the OP right now.

I've been blanking someone (sometimes acting nastier towards them but I don't endorse bullying haha) since November and now I feel much colder towards them then ever, so I think distance is key to getting over a crush or failed relationship. It's just really put me in a better frame of mind to not have to see their stupid face anymore and I can just get on with other stuff and meet new people.
Well, to be honest I don't really know. It's just the best advice I could offer to the OP right now.

I've been blanking someone (sometimes acting nastier towards them but I don't endorse bullying haha) since November and now I feel much colder towards them then ever, so I think distance is key to getting over a crush or failed relationship. It's just really put me in a better frame of mind to not have to see their stupid face anymore and I can just get on with other stuff and meet new people.

Ive been in a relationship, just come out of it and the guy wants to distance himself. Although he was nice with me in the relationship im worried about him turning nasty or being cold to me. He has a personality where he can be quite nasty to people he doesnt like/feels resentment towards. I would still be friends with him if i could but he doesnt want to see me. We are going to see each other at times though as we go to the same sports club. Yea im just worried about him disliking me eventually and showing resentment
Original post by somemightsay888
Buy a copy of GTA
Go online
Do the heists

You'll forget about everything

My dad had been on this since he retired snd its taken over his life. He's on it till 4am as well as all day
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been in a relationship, just come out of it and the guy wants to distance himself. Although he was nice with me in the relationship im worried about him turning nasty or being cold to me. He has a personality where he can be quite nasty to people he doesnt like/feels resentment towards. I would still be friends with him if i could but he doesnt want to see me. We are going to see each other at times though as we go to the same sports club. Yea im just worried about him disliking me eventually and showing resentment

Well if it does happen - then he's probably just really similar to me!
The only reason I'm cold and nasty is because I don't know how to deal with the situation and hate the fact that it could have been so much better. Unfortunately for you, you can't completely remove yourself from him as you'll be seeing each other at the sports club but if he does present an attitude well then he's only doing it for the same reasons I am - you haven't done anything wrong! (Which is always reassuring tbh)
What I would say though is it would be best for you just to act rationally and not to react to anything he does because then you're just giving the game away and you don't want that!

But I think she genuinely likes me as a friend....I'm the OP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
But I think she genuinely likes me as a friend....I'm the OP

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it's always possible to truly be friends with someone after a crush but you could try to be. You have to let her be the 'friendly' one though and let her approach you so that way you can work out of she wants to be your friend or not. I think friendship still requires a certain amount of distance.
I don't think it's always possible to truly be friends with someone after a crush but you could try to be. You have to let her be the 'friendly' one though and let her approach you so that way you can work out of she wants to be your friend or not. I think friendship still requires a certain amount of distance.

Yeah thats what im going to do, leave it for a bit. But if she comes to me dosent that mean she maybe intersted in more of a friendship.

Personally if it happens it happens. If not then its not.lol. No point speculating as realistically for me if its meant to be it will.
Yeah thats what im going to do, leave it for a bit. But if she comes to me dosent that mean she maybe intersted in more of a friendship.

Personally if it happens it happens. If not then its not.lol. No point speculating as realistically for me if its meant to be it will.

I think it's dangerous territory to assume that if she comes off friendly towards you that she wants to be more than 'friends'.
But your right - if it happens it will happen, she might change her mind (as a girl i often do) but if not don't be dis heartened kid, plenty more fish in the sea.
talk to new people xx
I like this girl and we've been talking for a few weeks personally I thought it went really well, we can have a good laugh and joke and we both tease each other. She's really quiet but when I talk to her she tells me a lot of things.

Right now, she keeps on looking at me a lot and smiling and her and her friends always seem to be looking at me and talking. Then my friend who is a girl came up to me and my crush started to look a lot and then looked at her friend then kept looking at us, my crush then tried to talk to me when my friend was there. Which is a bit of a suprise as my crush is shy.

So I went to talk to my crush and then once I finished talking she looked at her mate who was sat opposite her straight away lol.

Then she tells me she's going to meet her boyfriend. Im like wtf I really thought it was going well. Now nothing is going to come of it. How can I move on.

I dont know why, but I am affected by this and a little upset. I just dont understand why she never mentioned it before and it was going well.

So what can I do to move on ? Just leave it ?

Crushes are easier to get over generally, because you never actually had a relationship with them (sorry if that comes across as harsh, it wasn't intentional). You'll probably just feel a little upset for a few days, and then you'll forget all about it. Maybe stay friends with her though, as if she tells you things, so she clearly trusts you.
Original post by Tillybop
Crushes are easier to get over generally, because you never actually had a relationship with them (sorry if that comes across as harsh, it wasn't intentional). You'll probably just feel a little upset for a few days, and then you'll forget all about it. Maybe stay friends with her though, as if she tells you things, so she clearly trusts you.

That's understandable. But for some reason I'm actually quite sad about it. I've never felt like this with another girl usually it's easier because nothing really happend but I am sad about it. I really don't understand why I'm feeling like this. I know I should man up and grow some balls but it's still on my mind.

I'm giving it to the end of the week for anything to happen that way I could rule out a proper yes or no. I still think there something there. But ill find out at the end of the week.

I guess I thought the fact we got on well would mean something. But if it dosent that's life. I need a partner who actually cares

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending