The Student Room Group
No! Ofcourse it isn't too late to drop a fourth subject. The condition only require three A grades to be achieved from three A levels. However, you can not drop a subject(s) stated in your offer's condition if any (i.e. Maths).

I'd inform the admission tutor though, but that shouldn't be necessary. If it still worries you then call the admission office to clarify your situation.
Reply 2
Bristol has based your offer on the fact that you are taking 4 A2 and may take a dim view of dropping subjects. the below quote is from the UCAS manual. Please check carefully before you drop a subject.

Changes in exams and course arrangements
You must write to us immediately if your exam subjects, modules or units, awarding or examining board, centre number or any other details change. You must also tell the colleges or universities where you hold offers or those that are still considering your application.

Universities or colleges usually base their conditional offers on your exam details. If your details change, they may change their offers or decisions.
Reply 3
It is absoltutely necessary that you inform all of your unis that you are dropping a subject.
Reply 4
oh boy....

Well i guess they cant stop me from unofficially dropping it :smile:
Reply 5
Juno
It is absoltutely necessary that you inform all of your unis that you are dropping a subject.

so do you reckon i could have an offer revoked, or even prospective offers (from cambridge and warwick) turned down for this reason?
No that's unlikely. keep a positive view - I'm sure ull be perfectly fine dropping a subject.
Reply 7
domisakin
so do you reckon i could have an offer revoked, or even prospective offers (from cambridge and warwick) turned down for this reason?

It is possible. But if you don't tell them, then on results day they could just say they don't want you at all which would leave you in a worse mess than if they turn you down now.
Tell UCAS and all the unis you applied to. To be on the safe side, ask if it would negatively affect your application before you do it. It'll probably be fine because unis only want AAA anyway, but they have the right to change or withdraw your offer if they want because you've changed your exam details.

Latest

Trending

Trending