The Student Room Group

Offer help

I have a bit of a predicament in choosing my insurance. So I have chosen my firm, which I have two offers from, but now I am unsure of what to do for my insurance. One of my other offers is higher than my firm so pointless to take, whereas one is a firm-only offer.

So I am left with either taking the second offer from my first choice as insurance, which is at the same grades, or taking the other offer I have at a university I don't really want to go to with the same offer but asking for an A in a different subject.

Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by malakai
I have a bit of a predicament in choosing my insurance. So I have chosen my firm, which I have two offers from, but now I am unsure of what to do for my insurance. One of my other offers is higher than my firm so pointless to take, whereas one is a firm-only offer.

So I am left with either taking the second offer from my first choice as insurance, which is at the same grades, or taking the other offer I have at a university I don't really want to go to with the same offer but asking for an A in a different subject.

Does anyone have any advice?

It's often a complicated issue, but really and truly, you should only put as your firm the one you want to go to, and your insurance should be the second choice. There is absolutely no point in putting down a choice you don't want to go to just because it's lower. If your firm is lower than your insurance, then so be it. If you miss your firm, maybe your insurance might take a different view, but really and truly, putting your first choice second makes no sense at all.
I'm firming AAB and insuring A*A*A because the AAB uni is the one I want to go to, do the same or you'll have a miserable 3/4 years.
Reply 3
Sorry I don't think I worded it too well, I meant I am firming my first choice, but they have made me two offers so don't know whether to take their other offer as insurance (same grades as firm) or to take a slightly different offer as insurance (but somewhere I don't want to go really)

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending