The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

History?

Hi,
As of September 2015 I will b studying history at Stirling. Just wondering who else is as well?????
Reply 1
Original post by Historygeek97
Hi,
As of September 2015 I will b studying history at Stirling. Just wondering who else is as well?????

I have an offer for History (conditional) and i am considering firming it.

But i am not sure as i won't be able to apply for accommodation until after i meet my condition which will be in June-July and i don't want to risk getting an awful room.

Also the course looks okay but not what i want exactly. The course at Aberdeen looks better but i don't want to go so far away!!

What subjects are you doing in first year aside from History of course. The only ones which interest me are social policy/sociology and maybe law or cinema.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
I'm considering English and politics as my other subjects!!!
Reply 3
Hi,

Hey! I'm going to study History and Secondary Teaching...and I'm hoping to maybe do modules in film and media, or french :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I firmed my conditional offer a couple weeks ago! I'm so excited!
Reply 5
Hi guys,
I've nearly finished 1st year at Stirling. It has been incredible, met so many friends, joined so many clubs. I stayed in the worst halls, with the most people, the smallest fridge. But it didn't matter because I had a great time socially. You also learn to adapt as well. Next year , I am part of the Freshers team so I will be showing you freshers around.

To answer your question. I am a first year history student at Stirling. I can tell you it's very good. Stirling is amazing. If you have any questions about making it your firm choice or accommodation just ask.

If you have any questions about the university, feel free to ask. Also, if you haven't already, you should keep updated with Freshers 2015 updates via Facebook. Click on the link below

https://www.facebook.com/stirlingfreshers2015?fref=ts
Hi,

Hey in also studying history next year, thinking about doing a French module
Reply 7
Original post by _paigegreen_

Hi,
in first semester, my main course was history. At Stirling for semesters 1-4 you do you main degree subject and two other modules(can be anything). I did french in first semester(beginners). I can tell you now, it's a great experience to learn french but you have to work very hard. You will be expected to do a lot of private studying. Languages require a lot of hard work, less work than I had to put in for history anyway.
Reply 8
Original post by katetylah
Hey! I'm going to study History and Secondary Teaching...and I'm hoping to maybe do modules in film and media, or french :smile:

I'm just going into third year doing history and secondary teaching. Its great and you will love it! Just a little tip though, so that you can qualify in both history and modern studies you need to take two modules in either sociology or politics in your first two years. From my last couple of placements most schools want you to be dual qualified. It isn't made very clear to you when you apply, but it was just to let you know. good luck :smile:!
Original post by _paigegreen_

Hi! Can I ask what your qualifications are????
Reply 10
Hi,

So you like History? Cool ! Nice to hear. I do too !
And by the way, I did English and Politics too - at A Level.
Hi,

Hi there! Can I ask what you had in terms of grades???? Cheers
Original post by lala4
I have an offer for History (conditional) and i am considering firming it.

But i am not sure as i won't be able to apply for accommodation until after i meet my condition which will be in June-July and i don't want to risk getting an awful room.

Also the course looks okay but not what i want exactly. The course at Aberdeen looks better but i don't want to go so far away!!

What subjects are you doing in first year aside from History of course. The only ones which interest me are social policy/sociology and maybe law or cinema.

Can I ask what your conditions were? I'm hoping to do this course on 2016! Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest