The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Park Terrace Accomdation

I've just put Newcastle down as my firm choice for this September and now need to choose accommodation. I really like the sound of Park Terrace but I can't really find any pictures of that the rooms look like, or any student views on what it's like to live there.
Is there anyone that's living there at the moment or been on an accommodation tour on open days ect?
really just want some info before making a decision!! :smile:
Hiya!

If you want opinions of Park Terrace, someone called Philippamalko on Student Room currently lives there, and he's really nice if you want to ask him any questions about it(:
He also posted these photos of his room!

Hope this helps!x

Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Oh thank you! That's been really helpful I will try and contact him
Thank you for the pictures! :smile:
Original post by lauraisabel
Oh thank you! That's been really helpful I will try and contact him
Thank you for the pictures! :smile:

No problem!
I've applied for Park Terrace as my first choice anyways aha
Oh have you, you're starting this year too then? Do you think it's close to the uni? I can't really tell because everything seems so spread out. I don't want to be far away from the uni and town in my first year x
Original post by lauraisabel
Oh have you, you're starting this year too then? Do you think it's close to the uni? I can't really tell because everything seems so spread out. I don't want to be far away from the uni and town in my first year x

If you add me on facebook, it might be easier to talk about it☺️ X

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000855530565
Original post by Philippamalko
Philippa is an unusual boys name :wink:

Oops hi Phillipa! I'd really like to hear your opinion on living at park terrace, like is it sociable, does it feel homely, do you feel you have everything you need there,that sort of stuff ☺️ X
It sounds so good! Yeah when I said homely I guess I meant like the way it's decorated and furniture, I'm really not keen on the accommodation where the living room and dining room look like really uncomfortable and cheap! I prefer the ones with proper sofas ect.
One more thing is the actually bedrooms, are they spacious enough?
I really want to go there but I think so does everyone else so I don't know how much chance I have !
Reply 8
I love living in park terrace, its sociable, bigger flats mean more chance to find people you get on with, its brand new which personally i prefer, its right next to the park, 5 minutes to uni and 5/10 minutes into town (also right next to the hospital, had to make two trips there just within freshers week with drunk injured flatmates haha)
Homely is a difficult one because i dont know about you but my home isnt quite 10 teenagers living on a corridor, but we have a big kitchen and open plan living room so we watch tv together on an evening and things.
Any more questions?

Hiya, I was wondering how social it is/how often people go out in comparison with places like richardson road and castle leazes? and is there much difference between standard and deluxe rooms?
Reply 9
Oh well i quite like the modern furniture and stuff it doesn't seem cheap to me.
I think the bedrooms are fairly spacious, ive got enough room for all my stuff, plus ive got a room on the top floor so part of my roof is slanted so the majority of rooms are a bit bigger than mine but i manage fine. If i had a tape measure id give you specifics but i dont sorry haha.

that generally depends on the person rather than the accommodation, I live with people who go out 4 times a week and people who go once every two weeks its up to you. If you want to go out there will always be people to go with, pretty much every night of the week. I think deluxe rooms are quite a bit bigger, ive never been in one but thats what ive heard.

thanks for the reply :smile: i was also wondering whether many international students opt for park terrace? and how often are there flat parties etc? also, are there any other halls youd recommend for my other choices? sorry for all the questions ahah
Reply 10
I live with a guy from America and a guy from Cyprus, I'd say probably each flat might have an international student maybe. How often there are flat parties depends on which people live here next year, but generally every time it's someone's birthday there will be a flat party and since there's like 250 rooms or something it's bound to be someone's birthday pretty often. I haven't been to any other halls other than open days but I think I put marris house on my second option cause it's next to Ricky but better quality

are the deluxe rooms all together in their own flats or do flats combine both deluxe and standard rooms?
I live with a guy from America and a guy from Cyprus, I'd say probably each flat might have an international student maybe. How often there are flat parties depends on which people live here next year, but generally every time it's someone's birthday there will be a flat party and since there's like 250 rooms or something it's bound to be someone's birthday pretty often. I haven't been to any other halls other than open days but I think I put marris house on my second option cause it's next to Ricky but better quality

Hey, sorry to add to the barrage of questions you're getting but would you say that you'd only get a real chance of staying at Park Terrace if you put it as your first choice? I've already put it as mine in my application but I don't know whether you know if it's still unlikely to get a room there like it is at Windsor Terrace/Marris House...

Thank you!!
Original post by LauraIsabel96
I've just put Newcastle down as my firm choice for this September and now need to choose accommodation. I really like the sound of Park Terrace but I can't really find any pictures of that the rooms look like, or any student views on what it's like to live there.
Is there anyone that's living there at the moment or been on an accommodation tour on open days ect?
really just want some info before making a decision!! :smile:

hey not sure if this will help but i'm starting in September too and i've put park terrace down as my first choice :P I went to see it on the open day and i liked it so much i just knew i wanted to stay there! i also know a girl who is there and she loves it she says its like living in a hotel :P. Its also right next to the uni, i'm going to do sociology and it's like a 5 minute walk!! Hope this helps :smile: xx
Original post by matyaaskew
hey not sure if this will help but i'm starting in September too and i've put park terrace down as my first choice :P I went to see it on the open day and i liked it so much i just knew i wanted to stay there! i also know a girl who is there and she loves it she says its like living in a hotel :P. Its also right next to the uni, i'm going to do sociology and it's like a 5 minute walk!! Hope this helps :smile: xx

Thats really helpful thank you! I think im gonna put it down it looks so nice but ive heard so many people that are so its doubtful i'll get in :frown: where else did you look round on the open day im finding it hard to make a decision haha xxx
Original post by LauraIsabel96
Thats really helpful thank you! I think im gonna put it down it looks so nice but ive heard so many people that are so its doubtful i'll get in :frown: where else did you look round on the open day im finding it hard to make a decision haha xxx

I look round a couple of self-catered, en-suite places i think but can't remember what they're called! look round so many different uni accomodations they've all blurred into one!!
All i can remember is Park Terrace being the nicest :smile: I reaaallhy hope I get it! i think it's really popular though, everyone seems to want to go there :frown: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending