The Student Room Group

STEP Registration

Hi there,

My school will not run the STEP exam as it is a very very small school and they have never had anyone having to do any type of extra examinations for university. It is understandable so I contacted one of the public registered test centres on the website where I can sit the exam and the only one near me is unfortunately too expensive (with a very steep adminsitration fee thats even more expensive than the exam itself!) as I am doing the 2 exams.

I cannot afford it :frown: and I was wondering if it was possible for me to contact another school for me to sit it in? Or is there a strict rule on schools entering only their own students? If anyone could suggest anything else for me it would be so well appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by MarinaMay
Hi there,

My school will not run the STEP exam as it is a very very small school and they have never had anyone having to do any type of extra examinations for university. It is understandable so I contacted one of the public registered test centres on the website where I can sit the exam and the only one near me is unfortunately too expensive (with a very steep adminsitration fee thats even more expensive than the exam itself!) as I am doing the 2 exams.

I cannot afford it :frown: and I was wondering if it was possible for me to contact another school for me to sit it in? Or is there a strict rule on schools entering only their own students? If anyone could suggest anything else for me it would be so well appreciated.

Are you in the UK? There should be a school somewhere near you that could offer this facility, and actually I'm surprised that your own school won't do this - I can't imagine the process would be too arduous as it should be no different from registering as a test centre and finding someone to invigilate.

You could look for some contact details on the STEP administration website and see if the administrators can suggest another alternative. Have you tried a local private / independent school to see what they say?
Original post by MarinaMay
Hi there,

Most schools wont let you sit STEP as it's a uni entrance exam and thus those schools tend to only do it for their students. I'm sitting my exam at 3at centers in Bristol - which cost me 95 pounds per exam.

Deadline is something like the 28th so you wanna get you application in quick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending