The Student Room Group

FIRMING my choices! Am I making the right decision?

I've been torn between doing law at newcastle or manchester. I think I'm going to go with Newcastle. What do you think? I hear the support system there is excellent.

Ps. I'm an international student, so I think if I ever hope on pursuing a career post-study, I would need a good support system.. then again Manchester's international reputation is better..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shanelnv
I've been torn between doing law at newcastle or manchester. I think I'm going to go with Newcastle. What do you think? I hear the support system there is excellent.

Ps. I'm an international student, so I think if I ever hope on pursuing a career post-study, I would need a good support system.. then again Manchester's international reputation is better..

If you feel that Newcastle's support services trump over Manchester's reputation, then by all means choose Newcastle as your firm choice. :smile:

In my opinion, I would go with Manchester over Newcastle. I'm not sure about their support services, but as you have stated, Manchester's reputation is higher than Newcastle's.

However, reputation shouldn't be a significant factor between the two (although I do think law firms would prefer attending Manchester's law firm over Newcastle, hence better networking events and opportunities), as long as you receive good grades.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks for your comment! Yes I do think Manchester as a city would have more opportunities. But somehow Newcastle seems to be doing better in league tables :/
Original post by zero_Gravity91
If you feel that Newcastle's support services trump over Manchester's reputation, then by all means choose Newcastle as your firm choice. :smile:

In my opinion, I would go with Manchester over Newcastle. I'm not sure about their support services, but as you have stated, Manchester's reputation is higher than Newcastle's.

However, reputation shouldn't be a significant factor between the two (although I do think law firms would prefer attending Manchester's law firm over Newcastle, hence better networking events and opportunities), as long as you receive good grades.
Original post by shanelnv
Thanks for your comment! Yes I do think Manchester as a city would have more opportunities. But somehow Newcastle seems to be doing better in league tables :/

I don't think you should dwell too much on league tables. They are very inconsistent with their rankings and each table varies greatly. This could mean that Newcastle could do really worse next year, even though it was higher in the rankings this year. I wouldn't suggest basing your decision off league tables and they should be taken with a grain of salt.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending