The Student Room Group

Finding a International Foundation programme - HELP!

Hey guys, the name is Ajoy. I hope you’re all doing well. I’m new here, and well I’m very sorry if this question has already been asked on another thread. However I’m running short of time and I need all the help I can get!

Well, I’m currently a student in Dubai, have completed my 8 IGCSE/GCSE exams with all A’s! I want to apply for a Bachelors course in Netherlands into an Applied Science University/Hogeschool over there, why? Because I prefer a more practical approach to studying!
However I know that with just my IGCSE/GCSE I have a very minuscule chance of getting into a Bachelor’s course directly. Fortunately, I’ve heard I could do a Foundation (pre-bachelors) programme to compensate act as a bridge to pursue my Bachelors Degree.

However there aren’t many foundation courses of such that focus on academics (and not just English) in Netherlands, adding to it the few that there are, are pretty expensive, for me. –International Foundation Year offered by Holland ISC and the Foundation Course offered by Maastricht University are the only ones that I’ve found. There is also OnCampus Amsterdam Foundation however (idk why) they need 2 Alevels (weird? I know!)

I wanted help from you all to find a good and BUDGET-ABLE Foundation Course ANYWHERE in Europe –one that would be recognized anywhere in Europe (Netherlands) therefore letting me through it - be eligible for a Bachelors course (in Netherlands).
As you all can notice I’m running short of time as it’s already April.
Hence all the help and advice I can get would be much appreciated!

P.S I hold a Portuguese passport member of the EU.
Hey, I am not sure about recognition but I know that Lincoln university and Huddersfeild university offer foundation year with o levels only.
Good luck!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending