The Student Room Group

Bristol vs Southampton

So I've received an offer for all my choices but the two ive narrowed it down to is Bristol, undergraduate experimental psychology - AAB (my hometown) and Southampton, criminology and psychology-ABB...BUT - and this is a massive but - I like them both and don't know which to pick as my firm! I've made a pros and cons list for both and tbh they both have good things that the other doesn't. Bristol would be secure as I know the area extremely well and love it and I would get emotional and financial support which would mean a lot less stress but then the cons are that it would feel just like when I go to sixth form at the moment and my life won't change much. However, the course at Southampton I absolutely love the look of and I do want some independence but the cons are that i'm worried ill have a hard time away from home and will feel extremely lonely. Does anyone have any stories of being in the same situation or what they did and if they feel they've made the right choice? I've only got 3 weeks left to decide so I need to get a move on! Thanks :smile:
Bristol is a UK top 10 university, and very well regarded by the best public schools and by employers. That is as much as I know. Southampton is a notch below overall, but still excellent.

Quick Reply

Latest