The Student Room Group

10,000 migrants from Africa enter Italy in 1 week! what the hell

Scroll to see replies

I doubt migrants are discouraged by taking them back to north africa to be honest. these people are determined to get to europe by hook or by crook.
Original post by gordonbennetton
I doubt migrants are discouraged by taking them back to north africa to be honest. these people are determined to get to europe by hook or by crook.

They're forking over money to people traffickers for the boat ride - arriving in europe is a win and being taken back to where they embarked is a lose.
Original post by cake_lover
I assure you, I am not trying to conquer Europe.

Besides, would you prefer to kick me and my family out who work hard pay taxes and therefore contribute to society and be stuck be a an white family that sit on there arse all day collecting benefits for their fags and big TVs? Not saying all white people are like this obviously, only a minority. But it seems you'd rather a lazy white family over a hard working family that happen to be not white.

oh please, all races are equally hard working. stop reading the daily mail.
Original post by SuperWolfPaws

Statistically that's just not true at all. Although it's obviously not caused by skin colour, but rather the cultures that such skin colours tend to associate with.
Original post by GradMed15
The UK is not yours. Its land isn't yours. Europe isn't yours. This side of the Earth isn't yours. Get over it.

Who are you talking to? :confused:
Original post by whorace
Lol @ colonialisation, that card doesn't work 60 years later

60 years is not a very long time in the span of things. Colonisation impacts countries for several decades.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Statistically that's just not true at all. Although it's obviously not caused by skin colour, but rather the cultures that such skin colours tend to associate with.

I highly doubt there are certain cultures which encourage unemployment and laziness. That statement stems from your ignorance I presume?
Original post by TorpidPhil

please expand
The best thing would be to improve the situation in the countries they come from but nobody's willing to do that...
Original post by High Stakes
I highly doubt there are certain cultures which encourage unemployment and laziness. That statement stems from your ignorance I presume?

Many cultures encourage lack of formal education (outright) and many just don't put as much emphasis on it; many don't put as much emphasis on money earned and social prestige from your job. Many are more permissive of crime and unemployment, especially female unemployment.

Statistics clearly show that these cultures are doing something, hence the wildly varying levels of unemployment, educational success, life expectancy, average earnings of people among the different cultures.

The only alternative I can think of is institutional racism + lack of social/cultural capital. I believe both are true concerns and both will undermine the cause for ethnic minorities in general but the fact that some ethnic minorities do significantly better than others at the very least shows that other factors are at play here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by High Stakes
Who are you talking to? :confused:

The OP moaning about migrants.
Wow I really had no idea TSR was so right-wing, it's actually quite scary...

Imagine you live in a country with no electricity, no effective sanitation, no healthcare, no efficient government, defence or law enforcement. Are you seriously telling me that you wouldn't want to take the chance at a better life for yourself, your children??? People are so wrapped up in their own lives, not giving a sh*t about anyone else. Maybe if North-Western governments, the richest in the world, actually helped develop these countries instead of exploiting them, they could lower migration from there.
Also, do you have a source for this story??? If it's the Daily Mail then let's just leave it there, I doubt there's much I can do to change your mind.
Original post by Joinedup
They're forking over money to people traffickers for the boat ride - arriving in europe is a win and being taken back to where they embarked is a lose.

Well, if you travelled thousands of miles across the tropics of the congo and the sahara desert a mere stretch of water isn't really going to deter you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dark_Knight
Wow I really had no idea TSR was so right-wing, it's actually quite scary...

Imagine you live in a country with no electricity, no effective sanitation, no healthcare, no efficient government, defence or law enforcement. Are you seriously telling me that you wouldn't want to take the chance at a better life for yourself, your children??? People are so wrapped up in their own lives, not giving a sh*t about anyone else. Maybe if North-Western governments, the richest in the world, actually helped develop these countries instead of exploiting them, they could lower migration from there.

the wealth creators don't want Africa to get developed to a certain point. Not while there are vast resources and cheap labour to be exploited.
Original post by An☺nymous
10,000 migrants have entered Italy in just one week! in a year that would well over 5 million people!

Why is nothing is being done to prevent this? It's time for Italy and other Europeans to wake up. We make a relatively small amount of the population and we're bombarded by countries that dwarf us. This is not acceptable that we're made foreigners in our own homeland just because we're kind and tolerant people who save them from drowning. LOL

your arithmetic is up the creek... 10,000 x 50 = half a million
So there are 10,000 migrants and 52 weeks in a year.

10,000 x 52 = 520,000
520,000 x unnecessary fear = a million apparently

I completely sympathize with people who worry about resources/ land/ the economy. They have every right to do so.

What I don't get is the demonizing of immigrants (they support ISIS! They're Muslim so they might be terrorists!).
And multiculturalism for me is an absolute blessing and a direct result of globalization and modern culture. I think the best possible future for the planet will be when we stop seeing 'white countries' and 'black countries' because that's what we have now and all it's resulting too is war, fear and poverty.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SuperWolfPaws

I know, my point was xenophobic people seem to side with even the lazy/bad ones of their own race simply because they don't like others. Which is silly, as being of a certain race or country doesn't make you inherently bad.
Original post by cake_lover
I know, my point was xenophobic people seem to side with even the lazy/bad ones of their own race simply because they don't like others. Which is silly, as being of a certain race or country doesn't make you inherently bad.

ok :smile: but in my experience, xenophobics tend not to even really like their own people, they are normally just bigots who dislike anything that is different to them, rich/poor , culture/beliefs , ability/inability.
Original post by Aj12
What are you talking about? There is no liberation of paedophile in Europe. Lgbt rights have nothing to do with it and are not some bizarre sign of thr end of European civilisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you ever heard of Vereniging Martijn?

Quick Reply

Latest