The Student Room Group

10,000 migrants from Africa enter Italy in 1 week! what the hell

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Observatory
There is another possibility you have overlooked: heritable biological differences in aptitude.

There is substantial evidence that sub-Saharan Africans in particular are much less intelligent on average than Europeans. See for instance US IQ data. These differences don't go away with exposure to different cultures or levels of wealth.

Races that do not consistently score below Europeans on IQ tests - Chinese, Jews, high caste Indians, etc. - do not earn less than Europeans or commit more crime than Europeans when they immigrate to European countries.

The main danger of colonisation of Europe by Africa is that it would permanently reduce the quality of the population to the point where peaceful and prosperous societies could no longer be sustained.

Note that this does not necessarily imply we shouldn't admit any Africans to Europe - we could simply make potential immigrants sit IQ tests and only take those scoring above 90 or 100 - but it does imply that "take whoever happens to land on the coast of Sicily" is not a desirable selection mechanism. It also implies that African immigration to Europe as a form of charity given by Europe to Africa is not sustainable and cannot help even a small proportion of the most needy.

What is the one difference between high caste and low caste Indians? Money.
IQ itself is a very bad way to test for intelligence, it's flawed in it's own right.
We see the children of Nigerian migrants do extremely well relative to their socio economic background compared to other ethnicities. It's something that appears to be far more closely associated with culture than race.
Ok so I stumbled across this page so I thought I would share my story.
My dad came over from Africa to Italy years ago legally. (Not by boat, plane). Got a student visa worked extremely hard both academically and physically and is now a successful doctor. We have our own house in Italy (no debts) mortgage all paid. He pays all his taxes . ( which by the way not all white working italians do). And has been an Italian citizen for years.
Six years ago he decided to send his family to London (mainly because of the bad economic situation Italy is in and for better education)
So here we are, you could say we're 2 times immigrants.
I am an aspiring doctor and if I do make it it will mean that I will be working professionally, paying taxes. Not sitting about claiming benefits. My mum is also a professional worker.

A perfect example to show that not all immigrants are useless. Some of us work hard to ensure a better future for us and for our children.
I'm Nigerian/italian btw.
(edited 8 years ago)
the problem is some migrants are generally asylum seekers who need help, while others are just illegal economic migrants
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Well one can argue Italy shouldn't have colonised North africa and other afircan countries. Therofre many would argue that ex colonies have a right back into the colonisers land. I feel this to an extent, but not to the extent you have stated

Exactly!
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
What is the one difference between high caste and low caste Indians? Money.

That is one difference but not "the" one difference. Indian castes are substantially inbred.

Similarly one difference between the British white working class and high caste Indians is that the white British working class is richer. Is it more intelligent? I would argue no.

IQ itself is a very bad way to test for intelligence, it's flawed in it's own right.

That doesn't seem to be the position of many people who work in the field. It's been repeatedly demonstrated that almost all cognitive skills are positively correlated with one another, so that if you're better than average at any one of them, you're likely to be better than average at all of them.
Original post by Llamageddon
We see the children of Nigerian migrants do extremely well relative to their socio economic background compared to other ethnicities. It's something that appears to be far more closely associated with culture than race.

You've introduced a normalisation here - socioeconomic status, which seems to be longhand for income - that itself correlates with IQ. The British white underclass, i.e. poor natives, are poor mostly because they have bad personal traits, many of which are heritable. Almost all immigrants are poor (at least, they start off that way), but not necessarily because of their personal traits, so you're comparing a population with heterogeneous traits to one that has been selected for bad traits. It isn't surprising that the heterogeneous group does better on average than the homogeneous low-ability group, even if it doesn't do better on average than the heterogeneous group from which that low-ability group was selected, like the total white population of the UK.
(edited 8 years ago)
Islam is growing, Christianity in Europe is declining...
Original post by GradMed15
The UK is not yours. Its land isn't yours. Europe isn't yours. This side of the Earth isn't yours. Get over it.

One of the fundamental instincts of human beings is ownership. e.g. I own this spear. I own this money. etc. The whole of history is based on ownership.

The Europeans have built up the civilisation of Europe for thousands of years. Passing ownership down through the generations. Therefor Europeans do own Europe.

The African migrants coming here from poor lands now want to live in big brick houses built and paid for by Europeans who built the civilisation of Europe for a thousand years?

That is not how it works.

Edit: I wasn't sure if you were saying to the Europeans - the land is not yours or to the African migrants!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MissC123
My dad came over from Africa to Italy years ago legally. (Not by boat, plane). Got a student visa worked extremely hard both academically and physically and is now a successful doctor. We have our own house in Italy (no debts) mortgage all paid. He pays all his taxes . ( which by the way not all white working italians do). And has been an Italian citizen for years.
Six years ago he decided to send his family to London (mainly because of the bad economic situation Italy is in and for better education)
I am an aspiring doctor and if I do make it it will mean that I will be working professionally, paying taxes. Not sitting about claiming benefits. My mum is also a professional worker.

A perfect example to show that not all immigrants are useless. Some of us work hard to ensure a better future for us and for our children.

Firstly, nobody said all immigrants are useless. Just that having a minority who aren't is no reason to take in the majority who are.

Secondly, your dad was obviously middle-class at least if he went over to study in Europe from Africa so you know full well it's not an apt comparison. Somebody with a family background with such an emphasis on being educated should be making more erudite arguments than this.
Original post by MissC123

Most people would probably complain at your father coming over before he was successful however most Brits probably don't have a problem with people born and raised in Italy. It's more people born in the third world that i tend to be against (albeit some are successful like your father).

Original post by SeaPony
Islam is growing, Christianity in Europe is declining...

That's a small concern but atheism in Europe is rising faster than Islam so not too much of a concern.
Original post by Rakas21
That's a small concern but atheism in Europe is rising faster than Islam so not too much of a concern.

Atheist birth rate is dramatically lower than islamic birthrate. So it is a concern.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending