The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Corpus Christi College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
They claim that they'll be done before the next academic year. We're all a little skeptical as they've apparently delayed it a fair bit.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Ah okay. The plans look cool.
phil_m88
Ah okay. The plans look cool.

lol, yeah I've been obsessively looking at the corpus christi website too :smile: Btw, does anyone know if we get packs about finances and rooms etc. before or after we make the grades? Obviously it seems logical for them to send welcome packs after we get the grades so as not to do useless organisation but then again, they'd have to sort everything out between august and october?
Reply 83
If I don't remember wrongly, they sent out forms fairly early last year, around March (?) asking for photos for uni card and room preferences (with a due date of start of July, I think, since I remember sending in mine almost at the deadline!).

Please send in a decent looking photo for your uni card, you're going to be living with it for the next few years... I made the mistake of sending in a really weird looking photo which looks nothing at all like me! =(
cool, thanks! Good picture for uni card, i'll try and take a new one then although there must be something inherently wrong with the passport sized photos, they never look particularly great!
Reply 85
kitsunechan
cool, thanks! Good picture for uni card, i'll try and take a new one then although there must be something inherently wrong with the passport sized photos, they never look particularly great!

I'm just relieved they don't use the CAF photo, I looked like a zombie on mine :p:
Yeah, lol, I saw flashes of mine during my interview- it was awful.
Me too, saw it photocopied in black and white onto my personal statement :s-smilie: Which I swear they read like once before the interview or something! All that time constructing clever sentences which lead them to ask me certain questions...Foiled!
Reply 88
phil_m88
Yeah, lol, I saw flashes of mine during my interview- it was awful.

Haha same for some reason I decided not to smile and pull this weird grumpy look, kinda scary.
Got a letter from corpus christi today with a data protection act to fill in (already filled two in for cambridge, i guess they were for Clare though) and informal invitation to go visit corpus...Wondering if anyone got this letter/planning on going sometime? I should go because I haven't even seen corpus yet but it seems kinda random travelling up to go look inside and have lunch with the undergrads... Want to have a look at the accomodation though :biggrin:
I didn't get it...but pehaps because I wasn't pooled.
Reply 91
I got a letter today asking me if I want to go to look around.

I really should - but it's £40 by train, cost to stay over in Cambridge and two days of college for me...

Hmmmm.
Were you pooled Andy H or did you apply to Corpus originally?
Hey Andy_H, you were pooled from St. Johns right? I think they only offer to peopel who have been pooled so that we can go up and have a look if we want... If only they paid for the train as well *lol* joking. I don't know if I want to, it seems kinda awkward to be going all the way up just to look around...Although I might during half term next week, haven't decided yet.
Reply 94
phil_m88 yeah I was pooled from St John's.

kitsunechan - I am going to Villier's Park which is just outside Cambridge for a week in March, sent Corpus an e-mail asking if I can visit then but it would be a Friday evening.

They haven't got back to me.

If it isn;t possible - I probably won't bother!
You applied to Johns!?!?! At least the admissions tutors decided to do what's best; Corpus is far superior.
andy_h- oh cool, yeah I might go up this week with my family who want to see CC too...Not sure if its still term time for them, need to check that (half term atm for me).
Reply 97
It's still term time for us.
Reply 98
Phil - I only applied to John's because I went there for Open Day for Maths as you had to choose a college and chose that one because of middle name. Didn;t really realise the reputation it had until I was underway with application.

But Corpus is definately cool by looks of website! :smile:

I will be visiting in mid-march on a Friday whilst I am down that way because the kind admissiony people have let me :smile:

Also found out today that some other dude at my college got pooled into Corpus for Law (also called Phil) but I don't really know him (big college). Weird to have 2 people from same 6th form pooled into such a small Cam College, no?
Yeah that is weird! So I'm guessing he got an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest