The Student Room Group

If you took the exams today, what would you get? [University Edition]

Shamelessly stolen from the A-level section, come at me sixth formers.

Personally, I'd probably fail or scrape a pass, still have several topics to cover. Time to get cracking!

Scroll to see replies

I'd fail my stats ones.
Reply 2
For 2 of them I'd probably get a 2.1

For 2 I might scrape a pass

For the last 2 I'd fail miserably.

Final year student here who's exams start from the 27th of April. Oh God.
To be honest I have absolutely no idea because I have no access to past papers nor any mocks to base my guess on, I miss a-levels :frown:
Reply 4
I have 9 exams. I'd fail 7, get a 2.1/1st in one, and perhaps scrap a pass in another.
Eurgh first exam on the 30th, and still 2 assignments left to submit :frown:
Reply 5
I'm going to fail all my exams- I have three mocks in a week, and the three real exams in June. I know nothing!
Someone help me! :afraid:
Reply 6
If I'm being honest probably a third. If I'm lucky a 2:2. I'm being so lazy this term and i can't seem to motivated myself :frown:
Reply 7
Update: 3 exams down and I'm guessing a got a 1st in one, a 2.1 in one, and a borderline 2.2/2.1 in the last. So all in all not too bad.

3 exams left until I finish my degree. Crazy.
I'd fail all four :'(
Original post by Kre
Update: 3 exams down and I'm guessing a got a 1st in one, a 2.1 in one, and a borderline 2.2/2.1 in the last. So all in all not too bad.

3 exams left until I finish my degree. Crazy.

I have four only and I'M FREAKING OUT DUDE!
Reply 10
It depends which topics come up in my exams tbh.

I think I'd scrape a 2.2 at best for all three history modules, whilst getting a third for my French. I haven't been feeling motivated at all recently.
Original post by Ndella
It depends which topics come up in my exams tbh.

I think I'd scrape a 2.2 at best for all three history modules, whilst getting a third for my French. I haven't been feeling motivated at all recently.

My brain took early vacation, so it seems like anything I study isn't retained
Reply 12
Original post by mine turtle
My brain took early vacation, so it seems like anything I study isn't retained

Same here mate. I wasted my whole day staring at a textbook. Revision ends up in vain sometimes :frown:

When's your exams starting?
Original post by Ndella
Same here mate. I wasted my whole day staring at a textbook. Revision ends up in vain sometimes :frown:

When's your exams starting?

9 days time

Going through material in detail for the first exam, aiming for minimum 8 hours a day prepping for each of my exams. It doesn't feel like it's enough. I'l need to write two three page essays in each one, but the questions are open ended :/

Going through the lectures for the last two exams and then will be going in depth later this month. Kind of lost a week, because instead of going to the textbooks at the start of the week I listened to the lectures again :/ which (any Young Justice fans?) got me off mode

EDIT: One of my revision documents is 17 pages long and the others average 10 pages. I'm using lectures, textbooks and scientific papers to study, but brain says it's not enough. I wake up, study, take breaks to eat and watch a show, study some more, end with chilling and repeat
(edited 8 years ago)
I graduated 4 years ago. Would definitely fail if I took them now.

Cramming FTW!
I'm still doing my coursework, I haven't even looked at a lecture presentation for exam notes since my last lecture which was about 6 weeks ago!

I'd fail miserably. But it's totally cool because my course is a relatively "new" combined course in my uni and a lot of people are struggling because the set up is a little messed up so they're being really flexible with the 20 of us that are basically guinea pigs for this course. :gah:
Reply 16
9 days time

Going through material in detail for the first exam, aiming for minimum 8 hours a day prepping for each of my exams. It doesn't feel like it's enough. I'l need to write two three page essays in each one, but the questions are open ended :/

Going through the lectures for the last two exams and then will be going in depth later this month. Kind of lost a week, because instead of going to the textbooks at the start of the week I listened to the lectures again :/ which (any Young Justice fans?) got me off mode

EDIT: One of my revision documents is 17 pages long and the others average 10 pages. I'm using lectures, textbooks and scientific papers to study, but brain says it's not enough. I wake up, study, take breaks to eat and watch a show, study some more, end with chilling and repeat

Keep at it mate. I once learned an entire module in the space of 5 days last year... it was my final year 2 exam and I neglected it, freaked out when I didn't know anything. I went through all the workshop questions, lecture notes, practice exam questions and managed to get a 1st in that module in the end. Just stay calm and do as much revision as you can with adequate breaks. Your routine sounds good.

You'll get there eventually, just don't get disheartened.
Reply 17
9 days time

It's a good strategy, I'm doing the same kind of thing but like you said I don't feel it's enough - it's quite frustrating - I'm getting distracted a lot.

My exams start around the same time too haha, but I feel that we haven't been given enough time in return for the massive content we're expected to learn.

Good luck in exams, we just need to persevere :smile:
Maybe a 2.1 in two
Fails in the other five

Dat cram lyfe.
No idea how I'm supposed to write two three page essays. I've gone through lecture content, expanded, found other sources, used books, got revision documents 10+ pages in size, but could fit the information in any given question in half a page to a page. Plus, the questions are so open ended. I don't do well with open endedness (unless I'm writing/reading a story), I need to know what is being asked of me in order to do it. This, there is no set answer and the exam is open ended is really messing me up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending