The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

LSE or Bristol??

Hi there!

I'm making my university choices right now, and I am due to be studying Geography in September, but I'm having to make a tough choice about my firm and insurance choices.
So far, I have received offers from:

LSE
Bristol
Kings College London
Manchester

I have visited all four, and really loved Bristol! However, I feel that to turn down an offer from LSE would be such a stupid thing to do!
My offer from Bristol, Kings and Manchester is AAB, and my LSE offer is AAA.
I would like to put Bristol and Manchester as my firm and insurance choices, however this could be a difficult situation to put myself in as they are both the same offer.
LSE was fantastic when I visited, but my issues with LSE are that:

I already live in London, and it would take me under an hour to get to LSE by train. Therefore, there would be no new student experience of a new city for me, as I already know London very well.

I am concerned that the LSE accommodation is ridiculously expensive and not very pleasant, and I do not wish to live at home during my time at uni

LSE only really does human geography! Although I do like human geography, I do also really enjoy physical geography

On the other hand, Bristol have a computer based part of the course where research is turned into computer models and so forth. I am not particularly keen on heavy I.T work, as I am not very good at it, however I am sure that I will learn quickly.
I am not thinking of attending Kings College London due to the fact that it is also in London and people who I know who have gone there have not been particularly satisfied with it.
If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated! I'm in a real dilemma here.

Thanks!!
Reply 1
P.S I was also concerned that because everyone is not situated near each other in LSE accommodation, which is spread around London, is there much of a close-knit student community?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by vmca1996
P.S I was also concerned that because everyone is not situated near each other in LSE accommodation, which is spread around London, is there much of a close-knit student community?

I think you'd enjoy somewhere beyond London. LSE, along with King's and to an extent UCL, have notoriously fragmented communities etc, meaning that your social life might suffer. Bristol has a good rep for Geography, plus a clubbing scene that can (well, nearly) rival London. It was voted best city to live in last year by the Times as well.
Reply 3
Original post by kroziaa
I think you'd enjoy somewhere beyond London. LSE, along with King's and to an extent UCL, have notoriously fragmented communities etc, meaning that your social life might suffer. Bristol has a good rep for Geography, plus a clubbing scene that can (well, nearly) rival London. It was voted best city to live in last year by the Times as well.

Thanks a lot for that advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending