The Student Room Group

Should women be fined for dressing like this in public?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I take it youre not the type to go to the beach in a bikini..?
How is this disgusting when hundreds of millions of people wear bikini's on beaches across the world which are far more revealing than this
Original post by frankieboy
Well said.

Also, they appear to have picked up another handsome man in the second picture who is also rather dapper. Threesome looming?

One can dream
Original post by hukdealz
there's a limit to everything.

going outside half naked is taking that limit and kicking it half way to the sun.

It isn't really. Flesh is everywhere, tv, internet, newspapers, magazines, the high street, the beach .....

The law says you must cover ur genitals which is fair enough, my personal fashion preference is for longer floaty things. But that doesn't mean I judge people who dress in less.
Reply 163
Original post by Incubator
Are you a ****? He could be an orthodox Christian for all you know.

We both know that's bull, even orthodox Christians usually don't care UNLESS it happens inside the church. It would be off with her head in an islamic country, though.
Ha, fining her is going a bit far :s-smilie: I don't like seeing it in broad daylight like that though. It should be saved for late nights out when the the kids have gone to bed.
People can say that it is her choice to dress like that and that I am just a ptude, but none of you guys would want your wife,sister or any other female relative to dress like that in public.
Reply 166
Original post by hukdealz
Can I just point out that I am not saying that rape is NEVER the victims fault, that's down to the rapist. However, factors influence who is raped and who isn't, and people should do what they can to prevent being the victim.

Okay, if a really hot woman walked in to a club, dressed provocatively and in a way that makes your pants tight, would you rape her?
If no, it's because you have self control, first and foremost men and women should be taught not to rape. That no means no. People should be able to control themselves and not give into lust. Yes how women dress is a possible factor but it shouldn't be. Women should be able to dress how they want, to look hot and sexy so they feel appreciated and wanted. Or to show off their figure and confidence. Not all women need to dress for men, some might just like to look at their own legs.
Original post by whorace
Better than yours. Your post was just noise, mine pointed out that imposing fines on how women dress is fascist.

I don't think you know anything about fascism, so I'd stop digging holes if I were you :wink:
Original post by Ciel.
We both know that's bull, even orthodox Christians usually don't care UNLESS it happens inside the church. It would be off with her head in an islamic country, though.

Really? Okay, why don't you go to the UAE. Orthodox Christians have to cover their face. So I now know that you're bull****ting.
As many people have already said, no she shouldn't be fined. She wear whatever the hell she wants to wear as long as it's not causing distress to other people.
There is no way that dress is causing any distress, rather the quite opposite to some people.
Original post by Wellzi
I don't think you know anything about fascism, so I'd stop digging holes if I were you :wink:

Nope. I've only read an enormous amount of literature on the subject, not the least the Doctrine of Fascism

Compared to your obvious google definition i'd say that's quite a lot.
Reply 171
Original post by Incubator
Really? Okay, why don't you go to the UAE. Orthodox Christians have to cover their face. So I now know that you're bull****ting.

In UAE yep that would explain everything. Careful because not everyone will get the irony.
Original post by Ciel.
In UAE yep that would explain everything. Careful because not everyone will get the irony.

What's so Ironic? It's still a federation of places.
Original post by Blue_Mason
People can say that it is her choice to dress like that and that I am just a ptude, but none of you guys would want your wife,sister or any other female relative to dress like that in public.

Family's different. You don't think of them in a sexual way (I hope not anyway).
Original post by whorace
Nope. I've only read an enormous amount of literature on the subject, not the least the Doctrine of Fascism

Compared to your obvious google definition i'd say that's quite a lot.

Please cite me where the doctrine of fascism states that fascist sates must fine women for dressing how they wish.
Good lord OP. Anyone would think you had never seen a pair of legs before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
As many people have already said, no she shouldn't be fined. She wear whatever the hell she wants to wear as long as it's not causing distress to other people.
There is no way that dress is causing any distress, rather the quite opposite to some people.

It's causing distress in OP's pants, does that count?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
It's causing distress in OP's pants, does that count?

No. :wink:

OP just needs to grow up.

Quick Reply

Latest