The Student Room Group

So I turned 18 recently

And since I'm making more friends with older people, I've noticed a trend. Why don't people in their 20s join social groups? I tried to get some of them to join with me but they just won't budge. Was much easier to join groups with under 20s. What gives?

Scroll to see replies

Your skin turns darker when you hit 20
Reply 2
Original post by timetoella
Your skin turns darker when you hit 20

So brown people generally don't join social groups even when they're younger than 20?
Original post by Grootikins
So brown people generally don't join social groups even when they're younger than 20?
no too busy fighting racism
Reply 4
no too busy fighting racism

Ah, okay. I made a thread about ranking physical attraction based on race before. People called me racist; I was just ranking. Sigh.
Reply 5
lol
Ah, okay. I made a thread about ranking physical attraction based on race before. People called me racist; I was just ranking. Sigh.
You'll be 20 one day and then people will rank you dw.

I think reckon you'll be ranked black. How do you feel about that?
Reply 7
You'll be 20 one day and then people will rank you dw.

I think reckon you'll be ranked black. How do you feel about that?

I think you misunderstood how the ranking thing worked. Basically, we rank different races relative to each other according to what we personally find physically attractive.
Reply 8
I think its because social groups tend to do activities that people in their 20s (and also 30s and 40s) aren't normally interested in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you misunderstood how the ranking thing worked. Basically, we rank different races relative to each other according to what we personally find physically attractive.
How intricate.
Reply 10
How intricate.

I put mixed race people on top of my list btw. Hot. :sexface:

mixed master race checking in.
I put mixed race people on top of my list btw. Hot. :sexface:
Mhm yes, erm yeah really. Yeah. Like... Erm it's like a complex issue. And erm.
Mhm yes, erm yeah really. Yeah. Like... Erm it's like a complex issue. And erm.

I'm ranked 1st. u jelly? :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by gemmam
I think its because social groups tend to do activities that people in their 20s (and also 30s and 40s) aren't normally interested in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, even older people seem to love joining social groups. It's specifically people in their 20s for some reason. Any other ideas?
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'm ranked 1st. u jelly? :biggrin:
It's a pretty complex beta to grapple with you know
Reply 16
The people you asked may not like the group you wanted them to join, have better things to do with their time or just may not be interested in joining any.
Reply 17
No, even older people seem to love joining social groups. It's specifically people in their 20s for some reason. Any other ideas?

I'm in my early 30s and I wouldn't be interested in the activities that social groups in my area do and neither would most people I know who are in their 30s and 40s (with the exception of sports and performing arts). It tends to be people 50+ who go to them in my experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are social groups? And what do they do? lol
Grats bro:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest