The Student Room Group

Why do a lot of hot girls go for average/below average males?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joshale
can't really think nor can't be bothered to look through actors, singers but some united players spring to mind;

Di maria, ander herrera, james wilson, mata, rooney

Januzaj is good looking tho ya know shame we lost to chelsea bus company
ITT: OP thinking about if other men are "hot" or "not hot"
Ambition, intelligence and confidence.

By which I obviously mean money.
Original post by Lisagurlxx

don't you??? Not comfortable in your own sexuality hmmmmm? I think about whether guys are hot or not
Reply 24
Original post by Async
I never mentioned anything about six figure salary. The male earning more than the woman is enough for the woman to want to be with him.

Also, there is the explanation of like through association. We're more likely to form relationships with people who we meet on a happy positive vibe. So, this could just be a result of the so called "less attractive" person just being funny, kind and supportive.

not specifically; no, but being financially stable and having perks of some high-end life, is obvious that you need to be earning at least 100k+
Reply 25

of course I do, men as much as women like to compare, and be the best out of each male.
Original post by Joshale
can't really think nor can't be bothered to look through actors, singers but some united players spring to mind;

Di maria, ander herrera, james wilson, mata, rooney

Who would you say was above average?:curious:
Original post by Joshale
Shallow, I know, but the amount of girls, or women (married or not) with a lot uglier guys when they could be with someone a lot better is shocking

is there any actual 'reasoning' behind this? such as them being insecure with someone hotter than them?

Women and men choose partners differently.

With women they don't look at 4 guys and rank them 1, 2, 3, 4. What they do is they simply have a minimum threshold (thin, no deformities or widespread acne ect.., okay face) which all 4 men could get over potentially. From there women then assess you both in terms of personality (confidence, funny) and also as a provider (educated, working) before making their decision.

Men are much more about looks with a bit of personality.
Original post by Bushdid9/11
don't you??? Not comfortable in your own sexuality hmmmmm? I think about whether guys are hot or not

so long as you say "no homo" (no homo)
so long as you say "no homo" (no homo)

True, I say no homo usually
False as I do not have a girlfriend.
Original post by Rakas21
Women and men choose partners differently.

With women they don't look at 4 guys and rank them 1, 2, 3, 4. What they do is they simply have a minimum threshold (thin, no deformities or widespread acne ect.., okay face) which all 4 men could get over potentially. From there women then assess you both in terms of personality (confidence, funny) and also as a provider (educated, working) before making their decision.

Men are much more about looks with a bit of personality.

I doubt this is true
Original post by ellie98
personality?

Surely if you like someone's personality but not their looks, this makes them a friend, and not a prospective sexual partner?
Reply 33
Original post by Maradiah
Who would you say was above average?:curious:

De Gea, Victor Valdes, Falcao just some from United but like
Robert downey Jr, Zac Efron, Channing Tatum, the obvious ones I guess
Original post by Joshale

De Gea looks like a donkey.:lolwut: His face is too thin.

The rest are acceptable I guess.
Because they're the only ones that have the balls to approach in the first place.
Original post by Joshale

LOL Zac Efron 'above average'. Christ, I've never seen a guy comparable in looks to him, so we're all screwed then haha
Original post by Maradiah
De Gea looks like a donkey.:lolwut: His face is too thin.

The rest are acceptable I guess.

januzaj is pretty hot, do you agree?
Reply 38
Because there is more to a relationship than just physical attraction. If you don't have the same interests but the guy is good-looking, you'll eventually get over the fantasy. I've noticed that I've liked guys whilst gradually getting to know them, that makes them attractive to me.
Original post by Bushdid9/11
januzaj is pretty hot, do you agree?

His ok, I actually like the Arsenal squad they have better looking players.:sexface:

Apart from Ozil his eyes look like looney tunes.:hand:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending