The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey I'll be starting the course from September!

With it being at Wirral for the first year (1 day in Wirral and 1 day at University of Liverpool in the 2nd year) I'm currently working out accommodation and traveling to the college which hopefully won't be a problem for me at all as other students have managed this easily.

See you in September!

Adam.
How is the course going you two? I've applied for a Sept start this year, what is the timetable like? Are we fully eligible for student finance aswell?
Hope you are enjoying the course.
Reply 3
Hey! Good luck on your application, you'll most likely have to go to an interview but the teachers here are really nice and friendly so don't get nervous!

The course this year is set into 2 groups (Group 1 & 2). Both groups are only in 2 full days a week which is ideal if you have a job and it gives you plenty of time to study. Group 1 is Monday & Tuesday, group 2 is Wednesday & Thursday. We are eligible for full student finance as this is a degree subject so don't worry :smile:!

The course so far is going very well. It is within a relaxed environment and everyone within the course is friendly, there is always someone to talk to if you have any problems. It's hard to believe it's nearly March already!

Adam
(edited 8 years ago)
That is fantastic , glad to hear you are enjoying the course, fingers crossed I get an interview.
Really relieved to hear we are eligible for student finance aswell.

Thank you for your help Adam,

Kindest regards.
One last thing Adam, for year 0 & 1 at Wirral Met do the uni still award you Their personal bursary they give for those first 2 years or are you only eligible for a bursary once we actually attend the Uni itself for year 2 & 3?.Also is it the twelve QUAYS Or Conway Campus. Sorry for the billion questions HAHA.
Kindest Regards.
Reply 6
It's okay haha. I remember other students asking this and I don't think we do but I would personally email Wirral Met for this question as I'm not 100% sure as when I applied for student finance I didn't qualify to get a bursary due to parents income anyway unfortunately.

Btw I forgot to mention, just because you'll be at Wirral Met for 1st year and 1/2 day a week (we go to UoL lectures for the other day) next year you still get to use all of the Uni of Liverpool facilities like joining societies, going to the library and also living on campus as many students in our class do this!

Adam
Thanks for all the info Adam, I have only just noticed you replied 🙊
Thankfully I have been given a unconditional offer for sept start at wirral met.
Will we get access to uni stuff this year? 'Year zero' like online access to their stuff, library access? Societies? Also did you have to register with the uni at welcome week as well as register at Wirral met?
Good luck with your exams aswell as I know they are around this time.
Nat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
It's okay, no problem!

Congratulations on your offer Nat!

Yes, despite it being at the college for year 0 we are still University of Liverpool students! So we are part of every resource including the libraries and societies. Some students live on campus also so there's no problem with having access with their stuff (I lived in private halls just nearby as living on campus was expensive!). We actually have an advantage and get to use the Universities and college libraries (I must say the University Sydney Jones Library is massive and will have everything you need and more). We have to register at the college and get to meet other students which doesn't take long at all and we also have an induction day at the university where you collect your University of Liverpool card and like an induction UoL psychology bag with resources which is pretty cool. They show us the library and how to use things within the university but I think that's optional. There's also a freshers week fair where you can sign upto societies, freebies etc (I didn't go to it, and I'm gutted I didn't! Always next year though.).

Thanks! We finished the exams last Tuesday. Just waiting for the results which are released in July!

If there's anything else feel free to ask!

Adam.
Hey Adam,
How did you get on with your results? Hope you did really well .
What are our term dates like? Do we stick to the uni termdates like finish in june no breaks for halloween etc or do we go by collage dates? ie, have Halloween off etc.
Regards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi Natalie, sorry for only just replying.

My results went okay thanks! Just waiting to start year 1 now :smile:

The term dates are great if I'm honest, we use the uni AND also the college term dates so we actually get more time off to study etc so we get plenty of time off including halloween which is great.

Adam.
Reply 11
Hi sorry to jump on this thread! I'm starting this course in September and wonder if anyone can give me any accommodation info?
What uni/ private hall accommodation is the closest and easiest in regards to travelling to the college?
Also how far from Liverpool city is the college?
Thanks!

Latest