The Student Room Group

Ordinary Resident - Temporary break

Hello, I am a student applying for funding for the 2015/2016 academic year. I am a new student just accepted at Leeds uni. I fulfill all the requirements for EU status, but there is one implication that you need to help me a bit.

So my story is:
I am a EU National, born and lived in a EU country all my life, went to school there, worked, have a bank account and my family lives there as well. I hold dual citizenship, Greek and Canadian which I got from my grandparents who lived in Canada for a while.
For the past three years, starting 2012 I lived in Greece, however, in August 2014 I moved for 8 months in Canada to pursue studies at a university, in order to determine what I wanted to with my life. They offered a good program, like a foundation year, and this way I had the ability to develop my interests in various departments. However I was accepted at a full four years BA program and then withdrew, since my intentions from the first place was to stay only for 8 months and then pursue my degree in the EU. I returned in the EU in April right after 8 months.
Despite having being accepted into a four year program, I have a letter from an academic ad visor, that says that my intentions were to stay only for 8 months and a letter from a professor of the same content.

Will I be classified as an overseas student because of that? AND will I still be entitled to a loan?
Hi there.

If you can demonstrate that your break in residency was of a temporary nature, then we can discount the time you spent in Canada and still award funding. We would need to see the letters you have which confirm the break was temporary before being able to award funding.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there.

If you can demonstrate that your break in residency was of a temporary nature, then we can discount the time you spent in Canada and still award funding. We would need to see the letters you have which confirm the break was temporary before being able to award funding.

Thanks

Hi there , I don't understand the word nature . I do have my transcript which shows one year of studies if that would suffice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending