The Student Room Group

why am i still crushing on my co worker if he has a girlfriend ?

I have a crush on my co worker and I sensed that he liked me too .However,he told one of our co workers that he hadn't been coming to work that much because his girlfriend is sick so he has been staying home taking care for her.The co worker told us this when he left the room.

I have been wanting to find out if he has girlfriend so I was happy that I found out without directly asking him.However,I was disappointed because I realized that nothing will come out it.I thought finding this out will make me lose interest but it hasn't.

I find myself looking forward to go to work to see him.We work in big building so we don't always work together on the same floor.I always check his schedule down stairs since they post everyone scedules .If I noticed that we are working on the same floor I wake up an hour earlier that day to do my hair and make up and look my best since I know he will be working with me.I have started taking pride in my appearance since I started crushing on him and some people at work have asked me if I have new boyfriend etc because before I didn't care about my appearance

Whenever I ran into him in the elevators my heart beats faster and I get nervous around him. It doesn't help that he recently got a hair cut and has been looking good. As far as I know he is not aware that I have a crush on him.I don't flirt with him or anything expect complimenting on his new hair cut

I really want to get over this annoying a crush and become indifference towards him but I cant. Switching jobs is not an option. He is the only guy I have had crush on since the I have been working there and I hate it especially now I know nothing will come out it. I am single by the way

Has anyone been in situation where they where crushing on someone then found out they are already in a relationship?I just don't understand why I am still crushing on him despite him having a gf
Reply 1
Romantic feelings do not go away simply because you find out that person has a girl/boyfriend, it does not work like that :tongue: Only time can go cure such a thing I'm afraid, but it's good that you recognise him having a gf should deter you.

Imagine cases where people like X but X doesn't like them, or person Y is gay male who likes person B is a straight male and so on. Their feelings simply don't vanish immediately because they learn of this, they have to accept these facts and wait until their heart has finally let go of the feelings :tongue:
Reply 2
Thank you for your answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending