The Student Room Group

Mr.Cameron should be the next British PM? I'm really not sure now.

http://rt.com/uk/250325-tories-bankrolled-hedgefunds-industry/

Conservative Party candidates are bankrolled by hedge fund donations siphoned to Westminster from lucrative tax havens including the Cayman Islands, new analysis suggests.

I never thought dirty money from those places would fly around some British politicians. It seems to me Mr. Cameron never did anything against tax avoidance. He's just very good at speaking and keep promising.. and promising. Lol.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skunkboy

Conservative Party candidates are bankrolled by hedge fund donations siphoned to Westminster from lucrative tax havens including the Cayman Islands, new analysis suggests.

I never thought dirty money from those places would fly around some British politicians. It seems to me Mr. Cameron never did anything against tax avoidance. He's just very good at speaking and keep promising.. and promising. Lol.

No, he his part of the elite and addresses to them mainly. If your median income your screwed. Tbh the party for people is either labour or liberal democrats but lb didn't keep to their promises and no one wants to give labour a chance anymore. You could vote ukip but the party is quite amateur and serves no real sit in politics
By that logic if there is still crime there is nothing being done to prevent crime, which is trivially false.
I never thought dirty money from those places would fly around some British politicians.

lol what. Politics is dirty money.
Reply 4
Original post by Jammy Duel
By that logic if there is still crime there is nothing being done to prevent crime, which is trivially false.

I think it is more about highlighting the hypocrisy. David Cameron is the worst for making policies he doesn't even believe in himself. He will say anything for some votes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Public funding / state-control of parties = bad, consider the Central and Eastern Europe rent-seeking, parasite behaviour of the multi-party political class which ends in patronage and clientelism.

Private funding / lack of state control = bad, consider the US federal democracy being de facto centralised around north-east interest groups' and corpo donations and PR.
Original post by ElChapo
I think it is more about highlighting the hypocrisy. David Cameron is the worst for making policies he doesn't even believe in himself. He will say anything for some votes

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same can be said of Miliband...vilifies tax avoidance yet partakes in tax avoidance and takes donations from tax avoiders (even though he claims not to)
Reply 7
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
No, he his part of the elite and addresses to them mainly. If your median income your screwed. Tbh the party for people is either labour or liberal democrats but lb didn't keep to their promises and no one wants to give labour a chance anymore. You could vote ukip but the party is quite amateur and serves no real sit in politics

Honestly, I really don't care who will win. Because I don't like politicians. So I remain...politically neutral. But which do you prefer? crooked leader or honest one?
Reply 8

Honestly, I really don't care who will win. Because I don't like politicians. So I remain...politically neutral. But which do you prefer? crooked leader or honest one?
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
lol what. Politics is dirty money.

Lol. No. Politics is politics. But it depends basically on money. Money or currency is the blood streams of capitalism.
Dirty money I mentioned is the one from tax havens. Yeah... the heaven for the rich trying to make themselves even richer. Apparently unfair, isn't it? What if all of British citizens tried to avoid paying taxes?

Oohh. Russia today. Funded by the Kremlin.

I guess they'd be saying anybody who isn't pro annexation of the Crimea by Russian troops is bad.
Reply 10
Original post by MatureStudent36

I guess they'd be saying anybody who isn't pro annexation of the Crimea by Russian troops is bad.

http://rt.com/news/250005-rt-new-york-festivals-naouai/

Lol. The media always biased, dude. But this is the fact, not opinions. Moreover, the link above made think RT can be the good source.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MatureStudent36

Much like most of our media says anyone that doesn't oppose the annexation is bad? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://rt.com/news/250005-rt-new-york-festivals-naouai/

Lol. The media always biased, dude. But this is the fact, not opinions. Moreover, the link above made think RT can be the good source.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Can be" and "is" aren't equivalent statements. For fear of invoking Godwin's Law, Hitler did many great things and could, at times, be seen as a good person, however most people overlook that and just focus on the whole WWII Holocaust business and thus the public opinion is that he is a bad person. Same thing applies here, RT does some good stuff, but people tend to focus on the whole Pro-Russian side of things, then when you throw in that they're almost all absorbing massive amounts of western "Russia is evil" media. For the record, on RT I tend to stay fairly neutral, they aren't really any better than our media, they just swing to the other side and are perhaps a bit more extreme in that lean, but it would be hypocritical to criticise RT for that while lauding over our western media sources.

Labour/Tories/Lib dems are all exactly the same. Majority of Labour bench including Miliband have never had a real job or experience life like the normal man and woman. Miliband went straight from university into the Labour party. I have lived in a **** hole my whole life so do not tell me this scum of a party is for the people. They know nothing of the issues the working class face. They simply use the working class as their core vote. The lib/lab/con system is a load of elitist individuals who pretend they understand the normal working man but know nothing and are too out of touch.

The Labour MP in our area, no one knows his name, he never comes out to meet voters or address their needs. He knows he is in a safe seat so does nothing to earn our vote. Labour for the people, do not make me laugh
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The two eds
Labour/Tories/Lib dems are all exactly the same. Majority of Labour bench including Miliband have never had a real job or experience life like the normal man and woman. Miliband went straight from university into the Labour party. I have lived in a **** hole my whole life so do not tell me this scum of a party is for the people. They know nothing of the issues the working class face. They simply use the working class as their core vote. The lib/lab/con system is a load of elitist individuals who pretend they understand the normal working man but know nothing and are too out of touch.

The Labour MP in our area, no one knows his name, he never comes out to meet voters or address their needs. He knows he is in a safe seat so does nothing to earn our vote. Labour for the people, do not make me laugh

Well, unless they were newly elected in 2010 this kinda says something about the electorate...
Original post by Jammy Duel
Well, unless they were newly elected in 2010 this kinda says something about the electorate...

It does, I live in an extremely poor area, very few know English, we even have street signs in two languages, Labour have been here for 19 years and its got worse and worse year by year. The area is about 80% immigrant born and therefore once again it proves Labour rely on immigration to partly boost their core vote. Honestly the drug rates, terror related incdences, crime rates, education standards, environment and general area is pure hell. It feels like an African country, that is what Labour have brought upon this area. And they wonder why working class individuals are turning to UKIP. They have never lived in area like I have and seen it change into what it is, they have no right to comment on the benefits of mass migration when I and other people have quite literally lived through it.
It does, I live in an extremely poor area, very few know English, we even have street signs in two languages, Labour have been here for 19 years and its got worse and worse year by year. The area is about 80% immigrant born and therefore once again it proves Labour rely on immigration to partly boost their core vote. Honestly the drug rates, terror related incdences, crime rates, education standards, environment and general area is pure hell. It feels like an African country, that is what Labour have brought upon this area. And they wonder why working class individuals are turning to UKIP. They have never lived in area like I have and seen it change into what it is, they have no right to comment on the benefits of mass migration when I and other people have quite literally lived through it.

Have you tried to converse and speak to the 'foreigners' or are you keeping to yourself and not making an effort, blmaing them and making assumptions. It seems like you do the latter

And this was the dude that made a racist joke and turned around and said it was banter that he has with his friends of some are black. Now he is complaining about them- funny that

No one wants to give Labour a chance? Seriously? They're giving the Conservatives a run for their money.
And this was the dude that made a racist joke and turned around and said it was banter that he has with his friends of some are black. Now he is complaining about them- funny that

I do have friends that are black but I am allowed to point out that there is a problem with mass immigration. My old school was only about 10% white English, I do not hate non-English people but I can not stand seeing an area drastically change as I have. I have no hatred towards immigrants but I will tell you what I do hate. The fact they can not speak English. We have arabic signs in the area, it is a complete disgrace. My family have been paying into the system since they were teenagers yet Some family fresh from Eastern Europe moved in 2 houses down on the expense of the taxpayer and guess what even people born from migrant families were complaining. It is disgusting. I have seen this area become consumed in crime, we have a lot more crime now and since the area is made up of 80% non-English one can assume the rise in migrant families is to blame. There are many here not committing to this country's values. The ones who do however I have a lot of respect for.

I just noticed you completely side lined my main point so clearly you could not address it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending