The Student Room Group

What to wear for a School Direct Primary Interview!

I'm finding it really hard to find something comfortable, yet professional. What did you wear? I'm getting mixed opinions about whether I should wear a suit (not sure I'd be comfortable) or a skirt/dress/trousers, nice top and looser fit jacket?

Please help!

For my interviews, I went for the more relaxed end of smart clothing. The last one I went to, the boys wore suits but the girls didn't. I wore a nice, smart dress and a jacket over it, and didn't feel wrongly dressed. One of the other girls wore white leather trousers!

Do what you feel most comfortable in :wink: it's what everyone says, but it is absolutely the best option!
Reply 2
Original post by beanbrain
For my interviews, I went for the more relaxed end of smart clothing. The last one I went to, the boys wore suits but the girls didn't. I wore a nice, smart dress and a jacket over it, and didn't feel wrongly dressed. One of the other girls wore white leather trousers!

Do what you feel most comfortable in :wink: it's what everyone says, but it is absolutely the best option!

Thanks for your help. I think I'm gonna with a dress and material jacket (not tailored) and flat smart shoes. How did your interviews go?
Original post by js211
Thanks for your help. I think I'm gonna with a dress and material jacket (not tailored) and flat smart shoes. How did your interviews go?

That sounds pretty much like my outfit :smile: As long as you look smart enough to say "I care about this interview", but you feel comfortable and yourself, you'll be fine.

My interviews all went well, they were all pretty relaxed and there was nothing difficult at all for me to deal with. I didn't have to do any tests or anything, one was just a group discussion, one involved doing two reading sessions, and the last one was a bit more intensive, but not traumatic :biggrin:

Is this your first interview?
Reply 4
Original post by beanbrain
That sounds pretty much like my outfit :smile: As long as you look smart enough to say "I care about this interview", but you feel comfortable and yourself, you'll be fine.

My interviews all went well, they were all pretty relaxed and there was nothing difficult at all for me to deal with. I didn't have to do any tests or anything, one was just a group discussion, one involved doing two reading sessions, and the last one was a bit more intensive, but not traumatic :biggrin:

Is this your first interview?

No. It's my third attempt at teacher training interviews. The first was for a PGCE straight after I graduated and I had no idea what to say. I had plenty of experience, I just got too nervous. The second was my EYT interview which was fine and I've got EYTS and a PGCert out of it and the third was last year when I decided last minute after becoming an EYT and I was in early years mode too much so third time lucky at the proper interview! This is my first interview this round. I sent my application off last Tuesday and had a phonecall on Thursday!

Have you had any offers yet?
Original post by js211
No. It's my third attempt at teacher training interviews. The first was for a PGCE straight after I graduated and I had no idea what to say. I had plenty of experience, I just got too nervous. The second was my EYT interview which was fine and I've got EYTS and a PGCert out of it and the third was last year when I decided last minute after becoming an EYT and I was in early years mode too much so third time lucky at the proper interview! This is my first interview this round. I sent my application off last Tuesday and had a phonecall on Thursday!

Have you had any offers yet?

Sounds like you have a pretty good background to do well this time. Good luck!

I got an offer from my third interview, and to be honest, I am really pleased to have been rejected from the other two and then get the offer on the third - in hindsight, the interview was much more organised and what I was looking for from a provider. If I had been given offers from the others, I probably would have taken one of them and never got the one I have, which I know now is the perfect one for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending