The Student Room Group

Moving schools for sixth form?

I would really appreciate some advice on this:So basically, I currently go to a private school and am planning to move schools for sixth form. I have a few schools in mind, all of which are other private schools. Personally, my current school has done nothing for me whatsoever except urge me to form a strong hatred towards it. Very few of the teachers actually care about the pupils, the people in it are bitchy and loud and the general atmosphere is horrible. In addition to that I have had problems with my friends. I am reasonably popular (that sounds obnoxious and big headed, sorry) but tbh I feel as if I have no close, best friends who I can turn to if I have a problem. In a sense I feel quite isolated. My current school also achieves just about average grades at GCSE and a level, so there teaching approach quite clearly doesn’t work properly. I just feel that I would be better of else where as I genuinely couldn’t stick another two years.
I have a few questions: firstly, can someone please reassure me that moving schools in sixth form is ok and can be a positive experience? And secondly, I have a few schools which I am considering, one of which is an all-girls school. I have heard that all-girls schools can be bitchier than co-ed, it this true? And should I move from a co-ed to an all-girls or just move to another co-ed?

I feel like this was all over the place, so I’m sorry if it doesn’t make any sense!

Reply 1
Do it, best thing I have ever done. Wish I had changed to my current school earlier
Original post by RubyRoo98
I would really appreciate some advice on this:So basically, I currently go to a private school and am planning to move schools for sixth form. I have a few schools in mind, all of which are other private schools. Personally, my current school has done nothing for me whatsoever except urge me to form a strong hatred towards it. Very few of the teachers actually care about the pupils, the people in it are bitchy and loud and the general atmosphere is horrible. In addition to that I have had problems with my friends. I am reasonably popular (that sounds obnoxious and big headed, sorry) but tbh I feel as if I have no close, best friends who I can turn to if I have a problem. In a sense I feel quite isolated. My current school also achieves just about average grades at GCSE and a level, so there teaching approach quite clearly doesn’t work properly. I just feel that I would be better of else where as I genuinely couldn’t stick another two years.
I have a few questions: firstly, can someone please reassure me that moving schools in sixth form is ok and can be a positive experience? And secondly, I have a few schools which I am considering, one of which is an all-girls school. I have heard that all-girls schools can be bitchier than co-ed, it this true? And should I move from a co-ed to an all-girls or just move to another co-ed?

I feel like this was all over the place, so I’m sorry if it doesn’t make any sense!

don't worry, you'll be fine :smile: I changed schools for sixth form and even though I was apprehensive and nervous at first it turned out to be for the better in the end! :biggrin:
Although I’m a male with no experience at an all-girls school, I’d recommend an all-girls over the Co-ed- the whole 'bitchy' thing is undoubtedly an absolute stereotype and in general single-sex schools do better. Also, I suppose you move schools as soon as possible since you wouldn't want to waste fees on a school whereby you won't attain as well.
Hey. I moved from an all girls school to a co ed school and honestly find co-ed to be better. And trust me the bitchiness thing dies down after you turn 16 really. Everyone just kind of stays out of each other's way really.

ough saying that, girls tend to be more academically oriented than boys. So if you're more focusi on wanting to learn then I'd go to an all girls school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending