The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR AS Level F322 2014 June QUESTION?!

Scroll to see replies

Hey there! I'm doing f322 resit, mind sending me the paper? I'll do the question and from what you've said, it seems to make sense.

Could you please send me the paper and i'd try get an answer...would be much appreciated! :smile:
, I am sorry to bother you Please can I have a copy, as I am retaking this year.
Hi, is it ok if I could get this sent to me too? This is my first time though, not re-taking the paper but I'm struggling so much with chemistry at the moment.
Have you guys not done your mock yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Have you guys not done your mock yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I had my mocks in late February. Our mocks were different to everyone else's mocks. They combined the two so we had to sit for 2hours+ to do F321 and F322. It was dreadful- I've seen both of the papers due to mocks and apparently got E in the first and U in the second. Since then our teachers haven't given us back our papers so we could see where we made the mistakes. I just realised why some users didn't want to post F322 because apparently people are still having mocks? But for me I did mine in late February. I swear if this year exams are anything compared to last year- I could be screwed because I don't know where else I messed up. Apart from learning the content- not sure what to do. Now panicking.
Here are the F321 and F322 papers. I dont mind whether or not you've taken your mocks but you guys are smart and so you surely know that it's not wise to have improper use of the papers. good luck with your revisions!
(edited 8 years ago)
Here are the F321 and F322 papers. I dont mind whether or not you've taken your mocks but you guys are smart and so you surely know that it's not wise to have improper use of the papers. good luck with your revisions!

Thank you so much, you're amazing. I found the F322 hard- I don't know why I just don't understand organic chemistry.
Original post by Cherry82
Thank you so much, you're amazing. I found the F322 hard- I don't know why I just don't understand organic chemistry.

It's ok. I also have difficulty understanding organic chemistry, it's for biologist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Aqsxo
Hi, I was doing the most recent F322 Chemistry Paper (June 2014)
and came across a mass spec fragmentation question that I can't do.

Compound G is a branched chain organic compound that does NOT have E/Z isomers.
Elemental analysis of Compound G gave the following percentage composition by mass - C-55.8%, H-7% and O-37.2%
Calculate the empirical and molecular formula - I did this and got C2H3O and got C4H6O2 from reading the mass specta which is correct.
However, it's the next part i got stuck on - Write the formula for the particles for Peak X (41) and Peak Y (45) The answer for 41 = C3H5+
and for 45 it's COOH+
But i don't get how this work? can someone explain pls?

Hey...try 2-methyl-prop-2-enoic acid buddy............!
Original post by mehrdad jafari
here are the f321 and f322 papers. I dont mind whether or not you've taken your mocks but you guys are smart and so you surely know that it's not wise to have improper use of the papers. Good luck with your revisions!

you are a saint
Original post by joe1545
you are a saint

Lol, I'm not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just done the paper, definetily trickier then usual, going to mark it now
Original post by joe1545
Just done the paper, definetily trickier then usual, going to mark it now

Good luck with your revision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nievahh
Hi, would you mind sending me the paper too? I'm resitting this exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have the paper (with my answers) from OCR. Does anyone know where I could find the mark scheme?
I don't understand why the resources are missing from the OCR website..

Oh wow... Thank you so(*40000000) much
Ive been looking for the MS for ages...
Ahhhhhhhhhhh. How did you find it?
Original post by VickyImrak
Oh wow... Thank you so(*40000000) much
Ive been looking for the MS for ages...
Ahhhhhhhhhhh. How did you find it?

No problem. Somebody else gave them to me. I thank her for sending them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the molecule is a carboxylic acid that is why cooh - 4541=c3h5 because you just work out the mr that equals =45 within the molecular formula c4h6o2

Quick Reply

Latest