The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Events mangement

Hi, I am wanting to apply the events mangement course at Sheffield Hallam. I was just whether anyone could tell me about their experience of the course. Also how many events you get to plan and are involed in.
Thank you :smile:
I've just finished my first year on the events management degree and I lie it so if you have any questions, just ask
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah great, thank you!! I was just wondering how many events do you plan, do you do a lot of extra event planning away from the course? Also what is difference fro just the events mangement course compared to the arts and entertainment course? :smile:
Original post by meggiemooo
Ah great, thank you!! I was just wondering how many events do you plan, do you do a lot of extra event planning away from the course? Also what is difference fro just the events mangement course compared to the arts and entertainment course? :smile:

There is just a few modules different but mostly the same! You don't really plan any events in the first year! It's third year where you plan your own event but you do have to do an conference at the uni at the end of year where you plan and do a workshop on a type of event which is great experience! There's an opportunities page on blackboard whic is updated every week by one of the lectures that has opportunities in events to volunteer which is great for your cv as well!
Reply 4
What kind of opportunities? Also if you are doing the sandwich course, where could you possibly be sent?
You can go anywhere, you will get a placement officer in the second year and they help you and ask you what kind of placement you want. Can go Disney as well which is promoted highly!

Like volunteering at events happening.. Or within events companies. Like I'm volunteering on a farm this summer to plan the Halloween event for children and you can help out at open days and all that
Hiya, was just wondering what first year was like, any tips and any thing that can be helpful to know? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending