The Student Room Group

Can introverted girls get attracted to introverted guys?

I'm a introverted teen male and was wondering if introverted girls actually go for the introverted guys? Cause it seems like they prefer extroverts.

I'm beginning to like this girl and I want to talk to her and find out a bit more about her. I'm shy, have never been in a relationship before, and don't know exactly what to say to start a conversation, so I'm looking for some help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lolza3601
I'm a introverted teen male and was wondering if introverted girls actually go for the introverted guys? Cause it seems like they prefer extroverts.

I'm beginning to like this girl and I want to talk to her and find out a bit more about her. I'm shy, have never been in a relationship before, and don't know exactly what to say to start a conversation, so I'm looking for some help.

They prefer extroverts mainly because extroverts are able to take the lead.

Being an introverted guy is a disadvantage, try to become more extroverted. I was able to do that, i'm still introverted but I got more confidence so that I could at least pull off being extroverted when I need to. This might take time, but don't stress it if you are just a teen.

It doesn't mean introverted girls aren't attracted to introverted guys, its just it might be difficult for both parties to even know they are attracted to each other because both are too shy to say something.
Pretty much OP.
Can confirm, being an introverted guy in a relationship with an introverted girl didn't work particularly well at all.

Though of course, it'd be on a purely case-by-case basis to some degree, but I fully understand why the introverted party would do well with a more dominant partner.

I cant tell you how important it is to project confidence. Even if its fake confidence project it. You can be the best looking guy ever but if you go round with your head down and not trying to make eye contact women pick up on this quickly. She'll start to think you're weird or actually not attractive. Women want a bf they can show around whos outgoing and can take charge, Project confidence mate.
"If you feel something, you feel something! It’s not about personality matrixals and charts, it’s all about the bu-bumps in your heart! You can’t stop the pumps and bumps! Pumps and bumps! Pumps and bumps!” - Jake the Dog
Reply 6

I'm an introvert girl and yes I do like introverted guys. I don't really have a preference either way, but I have been attracted to more introverted guys. Just be friendly, ask her about herself. If she sees that you have an interest in her and what she has to say, she would be more inclined to open up. The more you do this, eventually she will feel more comfortable around you, and start leading the conversations more. :smile:
I agree again, two introverts in a relationship isn't ideal and might prove quite difficult.
Reply 8
Opposites attract. Personally, I'm incredibly extroverted, but I'm attracted more so to introverted guys. Don't worry, you'll find someone. Just be yourself! Confidence is the key, not loudness. :wink:
Reply 9
Me and my partner are introverts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Joke question right?... No? :tongue:
I've known many relationships that worked out well despite the fact that both individuals were introverts. I definitely am an introvert but I'm not shy and I can take action. I think some people (not you) should google the definition of an "introvert" for a quick refresher. I've had good relationships with other introverts. I've been attracted to both in the past. My last 2 exes were most definitely extroverts and my current bf is the introvert lol
I would say my current relationship is the best and most balanced I've ever been in, so that ought to help answer your question a little bit.

lol at the amount of times I've used the word "introvert" :biggrin:
Original post by miniteen
Opposites attract. Personally, I'm incredibly extroverted, but I'm attracted more so to introverted guys. Don't worry, you'll find someone. Just be yourself! Confidence is the key, not loudness. :wink:

I agree (though i'm a man). As somebody with a bit of an ego i can only imagine how stormy a relationship would be with somebody that could match mine. There should only be one pair of pants in a relationship.
Reply 12
I'm not really that attracted to extroverts though. What are the bad things that come out of an introvert-introvert relationship?
I'm not really that attracted to extroverts though. What are the bad things that come out of an introvert-introvert relationship?

If you are both introverts and really introverted as in you don't like to talk much then you could have communication problems.

If you are introverted in the sense that you are shy around new people but talkative around people you know well that isn't as much of a problem.

Otherwise, if you are introverted but wish you were extroverted, dating someone who is also introverted may mean you stay indoors a lot and don't interact socially with many other people/ don't try new things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending