The Student Room Group

wars of the roses and henry vii AS edexcel

Hey guys...as you know the exam is pretty soon...

any predictions to what the questions could be this year?

I'm a little worried over what they could possibly ask for henry vii, as last year they asked about finance and justice in one question
Reply 1
I hated that exam paper! How's revison going? Have you found the best way to revise? I don't know, it could be on a number of things such as Henry's foregin policy or the nobles.
Original post by Sneferu
I hated that exam paper! How's revison going? Have you found the best way to revise? I don't know, it could be on a number of things such as Henry's foregin policy or the nobles.

I'm a little stressed as I haven't studied for this retake as much. It would be helpful if I knew what questions are more likely to come up
Reply 3
Original post by Kmohazeb
I'm a little stressed as I haven't studied for this retake as much. It would be helpful if I knew what questions are more likely to come up

Well, what I've done is see what knowledge goes with what exam question. That way, you can get used to the exam questions and even the horrible ones
Reply 4
Hey guys, from what the teacher told me... It would probably be on Henry's rebellions. Foreign policy wont come up probably as its been there for the last 4 papers. Edward policies should be know and perhaps Richard. Personally I would revise how the Yorkists won the 1st war and how the Lancastrian's made mistakes (Margaret not seizing London)
Original post by Smitzy
Hey guys, from what the teacher told me... It would probably be on Henry's rebellions. Foreign policy wont come up probably as its been there for the last 4 papers. Edward policies should be know and perhaps Richard. Personally I would revise how the Yorkists won the 1st war and how the Lancastrian's made mistakes (Margaret not seizing London)

what do u mean henry's rebellions? like what happened in the first battle of St. Albans? or are you talking about Edward IV?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
what do u mean henry's rebellions? like what happened in the first battle of St. Albans? or are you talking about Edward IV?

I think they mean Henry VII e.g. Warbeck, Yorkshire rebellion etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Smitzy

If you're right, then you are a Hero!!!
I just finished, which questions did you guys pick?
Original post by PrincessJulia
I just finished, which questions did you guys pick?

I chose the origins of the wars question on York's ambitions and the security question about rivals on Henry VII!
Original post by kelly#nikki
I chose the origins of the wars question on York's ambitions and the security question about rivals on Henry VII!

Same!!!! That was such a nice paper, compared to last years
Original post by Sneferu
Same!!!! That was such a nice paper, compared to last years

Ikr, it was much nicer than I thought it was going to be! I don't think I did as well on Henry VII but that was always my weaker area. I just hope the other question might boost it up a bit! 😀

I did the same York question, what points did you make?
Ikr, it was much nicer than I thought it was going to be! I don't think I did as well on Henry VII but that was always my weaker area. I just hope the other question might boost it up a bit! 😀

Yeah, my Henry VII was weaker because I spent more time on it and kind of run out of time a little bit on Henry VII. But I think it should be fine, my answer was alright.
For the question on henry vii domestic polciy i just wrote about nobility and finances etc do you think thats ok?
What was the Q for henry vii threat one? i forgot and what did you include?
Reply 16
What happens if you did not indicate what question you were answering? Would it still get marked?
Reply 17
Original post by Hannah--17
For the question on henry vii domestic polciy i just wrote about nobility and finances etc do you think thats ok?

Yeah I wrote the same thing I also talked about law and order and administration
What was the Q for henry vii threat one? i forgot and what did you include?

The question was something like 'why was Henry VII able to defeat rival claimants.'

I'm really nervous that I wrote the wrong things and didn't analyse enough in my answer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Okay, If you picked the rival claimants, you had to talk about the obvious rebellions such as simnel, warbeck and the white rose (i put lovell for the hell of it). There wasn't really a needed structure to the essay. Just listing how he beat them (military power, intelligence, luck, foreign policy with the use of treaties to stop them sheltering them) Although you did have to keep referencing to the main question in every paragraph...

I'm just happy I was right on the rebellions

For the first question i did Richard duke of York and talked about Margaret, Henry VI and how the over mighty subjects made it easier to make the civil conflict more likely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending