The Student Room Group

Is it stupid to go on holiday during Easter, when I have AS levels?

Poll

How many hours of revision would you do for AS / A levels during the Easter holidays?

My parents like to book holidays early (they're looking for 2016 now!!) the want to go on holiday for a few days at Easter. Somewhere warm:cool: - maybe Spain, we're not sure! The problem is I don't know whether or not to go. I'm currently studying for GCSEs and this Easter I've averaged about 6/7 hrs of revision per day, but I've heard I need to do more next year. If I went on holiday, I would take revision material, but knowing me I will get distracted or not get as much done as I could at home. Should I go on holiday or stay at home?:confused: HELLPPP!!!

Thanks in advance! X
You won't need to do more than 6/7 hours a day. Just do steady revision throughout the year.
Last year I went to Centre Park for 3 days (AS), it was a good break with revision.

But I don't think I could take more than 3 days off easter
You'll be fine, it's just a few days. As said before you don't need to do more than 6/7 hours a day. It's better to do less efficient work than lots of non-efficient work.
Original post by EatAndRevise
You won't need to do more than 6/7 hours a day. Just do steady revision throughout the year.

Thanks, I'm not sure though - you can probably tell that I'm a stresser! Should I go on holiday though???
Original post by Olympiad
Last year I went to Centre Park for 3 days (AS), it was a good break with revision.

But I don't think I could take more than 3 days off easter

Thanks
that's what I had thought! My mum was thinking 5 days, which I said was definitely too long. I think if I did go that I'd just be too stressed and not enjoy it:frown:
Original post by stressed/student
Thanks, I'm not sure though - you can probably tell that I'm a stresser! Should I go on holiday though???

I am also a stresser. That depends, maybe a few days on holiday wouldn't hurt. But I wouldn't recommend going away for >1 week :smile:
Thanks! I'm still not sure, I know my brother didn't go on holiday before his and he revised, but didn't do as well as expected. I will try to persuade them from booking anything just yet
Nah man, the Easter holiday is like 2 weeks long, so you can afford to use 1 of those weeks as a break.

But teachers will throw loads of work your way, especially if you do essay subjects, you might end up with like 10 essays to write.

M8 is your poll how many hours of revision a day? Because The timescales a bit unclear tbh. Also with AS I find two of my subjects a walk in the park so I now only have to revise for 2 which aren't that bad at all - I got dis yo.

Wait so if you're doing GCSE now, you must be planning for next yr? I'm pretty sure AS has been scrapped so this time next yr you'll only have mocks?? So you can afford the extra time off because it won't count.
Original post by Anjum - Yasmin

M8 is your poll how many hours of revision a day? Because The timescales a bit unclear tbh. Also with AS I find two of my subjects a walk in the park so I now only have to revise for 2 which aren't that bad at all - I got dis yo.

Wait so if you're doing GCSE now, you must be planning for next yr? I'm pretty sure AS has been scrapped so this time next yr you'll only have mocks?? So you can afford the extra time off because it won't count.

Yeah it's per day - sorry for the confusion! I don't think all AS levels are being scrapped (it's a bit up in the air at the minute!) But I have heard that some subjects are not changing just yet and that some will still have AS levels, but they will be separate to A levels and work as two separate qualifications.

If anyone has any information on the new AS/A levels I'd love to know! Thanks!
I must sound a bit too enthusiastic about my thread hahaha but I think all of your comments so far (I would still appreciate some more help if you think you have some good knowledge about AS revision:redface:) are really helpful and I appreciate the time you took to help me out! Thanks x
I know how u feel I have just done that and I am going back tommorow and I have done nothing during my gcse year exams in 2weeks and oral on Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student 1999
I know how u feel I have just done that and I am going back tommorow and I have done nothing during my gcse year exams in 2weeks and oral on Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't you stressed?? I've revised so much this holiday, then again I did TONS for my mocks and it payed off, so I'd be gutted if I did worse in my mocks than the real thing! Tbh I bet your one of those people who will get straight A/A* with no revision haha.
If only I was one of those people....
(edited 9 years ago)
It's all about the planning! If you start revising early, and work hard during the year to make sure you're not having to cram over study leave, there's no reason why you can't take a few days off. Just build it into your revision plan. :smile: I would go. It will give you something to look forward to, a deadline to motivate your work beforehand, and a refreshed mind for the work afterwards. Take some notes if it will make you feel better, but don't try to do 6/7 hours a day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending