The Student Room Group

What is the point in achieving anything when you just going to die anyway?

What is the point on achieving anything when you just going to die anyway?

Scroll to see replies

This is how I feel and its not helping with my A - Level exams coming up... :mad:
Reply 2
If this life was eternal, I doubt they'd give us a-levels to begin with. I mean there would be a much difficult examinations in place since everyone would be living forever and there would be much more competition.
(edited 9 years ago)
You can make a difference to other people's lives? :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by Maid Marian
You can make a difference to other people's lives? :colondollar:

But they are also just going to die so what's the point.
I think you are experiencing what is known as an....

Spoiler

Only you can give your life meaning. You have to find something you're passionate about and then achieving things becomes fun and helps you get out of bed in the morning.
Because a lifetime is a really, really long time?

We help each other because that is what the meaning of life was figured out to be. Other than that we live and die. We are simply a propagation in an otherwise empty land.
Reply 7
What's the point of good food if it just ends up as ****?
different people see things differently.. life according to you may be about achieving but its also about doing something worthwhile for the time you are here on this planet! Make a difference in some way. Einstein, Steve Jobs may be dead but look at their amazing contribution to society. Make the world a better place for the future people just the same way they have done for you and appreciate what you have!
Reply 9
Original post by ngb9320

If we all thought like that then we wouldn't get anywhere
Reply 10
Original post by somethingbeautiful

Spoiler

Only you can give your life meaning. You have to find something you're passionate about and then achieving things becomes fun and helps you get out of bed in the morning.

So you saying just become deluded?
It keeps you busy
Reply 12
Original post by somethingbeautiful

Spoiler

But still just death at the end
Original post by ngb9320

That's the spirit.
Reply 14
Original post by ngb9320

We have a lifetime to live out, so we might as well try to do what makes us happy. For some, that means achievements.
Reply 15
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
different people see things differently.. life according to you may be about achieving but its also about doing something worthwhile for the time you are here on this planet! Make a difference in some way. Einstein, Steve Jobs may be dead but look at their amazing contribution to society. Make the world a better place for the future people just the same way they have done for you and appreciate what you have!

But future people are just going to die anyway
Reply 16
Original post by iodo345
If we all thought like that then we wouldn't get anywhere

But we don't get anywhere we just die.
Reply 17
Original post by ngb9320
But they are also just going to die so what's the point.

You have many more decades before death. So the point is to make that time into something that's worthwhile for you personally.
For the experience of course! What's the point in living a life of boredom where you don't do anything? May as well enjoy the short time we have on this planet by doing something you enjoy, whether it be a hobby, job or learning something new/going somewhere new.
Reply 19
Original post by Vixen47
It keeps you busy

But you just living something that is just you perceived reality through the chemicals in your brain so it is not even true reality so you not even real and that means toy just busy being fake and ie wasteing your time.

Quick Reply

Latest