The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Applying for Accommodation = confused HELP

I'm applying for accommodation at LSE and want to put Carr Saunders as my first choice (30 week contract) and I want to put Bankside as my second (38 week contract)
but when I go to apply it asks to pick a preferred lease length (i don't really care about lease length) but it means you can only have accommodation with the same lease length so I can't put Carr Saunders as top and Bankside as next
wondering if anyone knows a way round this or can help ????
Original post by mcCarnage
I'm applying for accommodation at LSE and want to put Carr Saunders as my first choice (30 week contract) and I want to put Bankside as my second (38 week contract)
but when I go to apply it asks to pick a preferred lease length (i don't really care about lease length) but it means you can only have accommodation with the same lease length so I can't put Carr Saunders as top and Bankside as next
wondering if anyone knows a way round this or can help ????

I don't think there is a way around it. You have to consider the lease length though because it will have an effect in the Holidays. If you have a 30 week lease, then you have to completely empty your room and move out for both the Christmas and Easter holidays whereas you do not have to if you have a 38 week lease. Then you have to consider if you want a catered option or not and then you have to pick your 6 halls.
Work out what your most important priority of the lease length, catered/non catered and particular hall is and then go from there. Lots of people have had similar problems - have a look at the Accommodation thread.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by JamjamjamT
I don't think there is a way around it. You have to consider the lease length though because it will have an effect in the Holidays. If you have a 30 week lease, then you have to completely empty your room and move out for both the Christmas and Easter holidays whereas you do not have to if you have a 38 week lease. Then you have to consider if you want a catered option or not and then you have to pick your 6 halls.
Work out what your most important priority of the lease length, catered/non catered and particular hall is and then go from there. Lots of people have had similar problems - have a look at the Accommodation thread.

cool thanks yea it's annoying because I don't really care about moving out at the holidays or not just wanted to have a second choice with more chance of getting in
I've chosen now just had to go all 30 week lease

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending