The Student Room Group

ICT Coursework - Music Festival

Hi guys,

I'm currently doing the GCSE ICT Coursework on the Music Festival. I am pretty much finished all the activities, I just need ways to bump up my grade. If anyone knows how to improve the grade by adding extra features or anything like that, please tell me to improve my grade up to A*. Any improvments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help!
Original post by RattyVlogger
Hi guys,

I'm currently doing the GCSE ICT Coursework on the Music Festival. I am pretty much finished all the activities, I just need ways to bump up my grade. If anyone knows how to improve the grade by adding extra features or anything like that, please tell me to improve my grade up to A*. Any improvments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Computing forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=132
Hello! Here are a few things I can remember off the top of my head that my ICT teacher is always telling my class to achieve higher grades:
- Have a minimum of 40 sources on each of your sources tables. I have about 25 URLs and 25 assets.
- For the spreadsheet, include lots of advanced techniques such as data validation , macro tools, conditional formatting, IF statements, etc.
- Also for the spreadsheet, try to include accurate figures
- Test your spreadsheet and show these specific tests on the activity review
- Make sure in the activity reviews when it asks for improvements, to first of all make these improvements and secondly show these improvements clearly
- Use advanced Boolean search techniques for research and sources. Screenshot these and put them into the activity review.
Good luck with the A* and if I remember anything else I'll be sure to tell you!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply