The Student Room Group

Boyfriend doesnt like condoms, are they that bad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
As he's older he has had over 60 sex partners throughout his life and is not used to wearing condoms. He said he was tested 4 years ago and was clear but he has been with people since then. I was a virgin before being with him so i know im clean ive made him use condoms so far but he keeps going flacid during intercourse.

He said its because of using condoms. I dont want sex without condoms though as im not on the pill or anything (it makes me feel ill ) plus he doesnt seem bothered about getting tested ive mentioned it but he just says he's clean. He says that he wont ejaculate inside and that confoms ruin sex for mist men.

I want to stay safe against sti's so have used condoms with him since starting sex but wanted to ask the guys... are they as bad as he says they are ?? :/

I've said this before and I will say it again. Your 'boyfriend' sounds like an arse.
sex with a condom truly sucks, just get him tested, if clean then go unprotected.
Please don't risk your sexual health and possibly pregnancy because your boyfriend "doesn't like condoms".
Original post by Joshale
sex with a condom truly sucks, just get him tested, if clean then go unprotected.

This is crazy. Getting tested is no guarantee as some STDs take 6 months or more after infection occurs before they show as positive on tests. Do you quarantine guys for 6 months?
OK I'm a guy and I think you should insist (if this is penetrative non oral sex?). With a condom is not quite as good as without, but condoms are not that big of a deal at all - you get used to it and it should be a red line for you, you should insist - you do not want to risk catching some manky disease just so he could have a slightly more enjoyable shag! What would that make you? Have respect for yourself and your health. The guy is being selfish and should understand your dilemma, at least if you explain it to him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ElChapo
What if the condom breaks?

This seems to me to be more common in the ultra light condoms. Also, when condoms are put on in reverse by accident.
Original post by Anonymous
As he's older he has had over 60 sex partners throughout his life and is not used to wearing condoms. He said he was tested 4 years ago and was clear but he has been with people since then. I was a virgin before being with him so i know im clean ive made him use condoms so far but he keeps going flacid during intercourse.

He said its because of using condoms. I dont want sex without condoms though as im not on the pill or anything (it makes me feel ill ) plus he doesnt seem bothered about getting tested ive mentioned it but he just says he's clean. He says that he wont ejaculate inside and that confoms ruin sex for mist men.

I want to stay safe against sti's so have used condoms with him since starting sex but wanted to ask the guys... are they as bad as he says they are ?? :/
Over 60 partners isn't just a thing that happens when you're older, he has clearly not been discerning what he's put his dick in.

Personally I find condoms very uncomfortable. But I think you're right making him wear them. Oy vey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending