The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Chemistry with a preliminary year

Hi Everyone!

I've had an offer to study chemistry with a preliminary year at Cardiff (Two D's and a Merit! I couldn't believe it!!!) and I'm wondering if anybody who has studied on the prelim year can tell me what modules you do and other modular options. Cardiff doesn't really have much of a description of modules you can do as part of the prelim year.

Thanks! :biggrin:
Hey,

I'm currently almost finished with my preliminary year. There's a variety of modules in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics. Depending in your qualifications and talking with them at the first day, they will guide you though what modules you have to choose or which are mandatory etc.

I'm doing Biology with a preliminary year, so all Biology and Cheistry modules where mandatory for me. I'm also required to do a maths module.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Liam0324
Hi Everyone!

I've had an offer to study chemistry with a preliminary year at Cardiff (Two D's and a Merit! I couldn't believe it!!!) and I'm wondering if anybody who has studied on the prelim year can tell me what modules you do and other modular options. Cardiff doesn't really have much of a description of modules you can do as part of the prelim year.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Preliminary year? Is that a foundation year?
Reply 3
Original post by LordBanter
Preliminary year? Is that a foundation year?

Yes, it is! :smile:
Hey I have applied for this cause and I have an informal interview with them in January. I already am doing Chemistry A-Level but grades were so good . Does anyone have any advice on how I can sell myself at the interview? Apparently there only 6 places :frown:
Original post by Hemmokat.
Hey I have applied for this course and I have an informal interview with them in January. I already am doing Chemistry A-Level but grades were so good . Does anyone have any advice on how I can sell myself at the interview? Apparently there only 6 places :frown:

sorry for the incorrect spelling
Hey I'm thinking about applying for this course, so could anyone give me any advice please? I have just got my A2 results in Biology, Chemistry and German (DDC respectively) and I am planning to resit next year to get my grades up

Quick Reply