The Student Room Group

History Revision Tips

PPL-
Hints and tips on revision for GCSE history exams thats in a month??
:confused::confused::confused:
MT all, :smile:
Practice papers. I can't stress this enough. If you have less time in your hands, do the short questions that is in the paper!

Pick out key points from your textbook and say it out to yourself until it has sunk in. Don't just cram in heaps of information that you may forget. Whatever you've got in your head - expand from it.

For example, if all you remember about Germany is inflation, you could say: "undoubtedly, the high inflation that occurred in Germany during this time certainly made things worse than it already was. People became unemployed, the price of goods had risen..." Just make it flow so it sounds like you're being concise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Berninger1864
Practice papers. I can't stress this enough. If you have less time in your hands, do the short questions that is in the paper!

Pick out key points from your textbook and say it out to yourself until it has sunk in. Don't just cram in heaps of information that you may forget. Whatever you've got in your head - expand from it.

For example, if all you remember about Germany is inflation, you could say: "undoubtedly, the high inflation that occurred in Germany during this time certainly made things worse than it already was. People became unemployed, the price of goods had risen..." Just make it flow so it sounds like you're being concise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats great.... Thanks so much.
Will try what you say.
Original post by kwstudent
PPL-
Hints and tips on revision for GCSE history exams thats in a month??
:confused::confused::confused:
MT all, :smile:

Creating a timeline might be helpful, especially if a question asks about what happens in a certain period of time.

Or, you could make revision cards with a date on one side and what happened on that date on the other. Test yourself, or get your classmates/family to test you.

Also, do what the above person said - past papers (even if you just plan your answers) are a really good way to revise!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
For history I was found mind maps useful! I used remake mind-maps of each topic and then just keep reading them and trying them and getting my friends and family to test me! Remember to be specific with your evidence!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
As well as what Hi2015 said above me, flashcards are also really useful as an additional revision method for history. Learning when it was, who was involved, what happened, how it happened and why it happened is very easy to learn when you have flashcards. I definitely recommend StudyBlue (just search it in Google). It's a very useful website which allows you to create and organise your flashcards efficiently (or if you prefer to do the old fashioned way by writing them out, that's just as good :wink:).
Hope this helps :smile:!
Reply 6
Many thanx for the great tips every1!!! I'll try them out!
My history teacher doesn't do 'help' :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending