The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Choice 2015

DId anybody apply for LSE Choice this year? I applied for the Government & Politics stream (Economics back up) and was wondering if anybody has applied. I haven't heard from since sending off the application, so have emailed them asking if it all went through okay :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
According to my careers adviser we should hear back by the end of May...
Reply 3
Hey They said they should send out their decisions by today but its 6 oclock already and I haven't heard anything back! I applied to the maths stream btw with Economics as backup
Reply 4
Haven't heard anything either :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Just got an email to my dad saying Ihave been accepted for Mathematics :biggrin: so glad
Reply 6
Well done! Still haven't heard anything :frown: Waiting on UCL too regarding the Summer Challenge :/
Reply 7
Thank you! and good luck!
Reply 8
Thank you :biggrin: Let's hope I hear back from them before the end of the day haha
Reply 9
Ah so apparently offers have only gone out to Economics and Maths - History, Sociology and Government & Politics will hear from them by the end of next week. Good luck to everybody!
Reply 10
Oh okay.. atleast you have some hope!
Reply 11
Hey just got an email saying I got a place for Economics, they said that they've had an issue with the emails and some of them didn't send so you may still have a chance.

I was just wondering, at the time I applied I wasn't sure about what I wanted to get into and I have now decided on Law, do you think that doing LSE choice for Economics will still be beneficial?
Reply 12
I got an email saying that only those who applied for Economics and Maths have heard back, people who applied for Government & Politics, Sociology and History won't hear back until the end of this week, so still hope for everybody who applied for those streams.

It won't harm your application lol, LSE is highly reputable and if you enjoy economics, it's worth doing because it proves you have a wide set of skills. Well done for getting in :smile:
Reply 13
I got in for Government & Politics! So happy :biggrin:
Anybody else heard back?
I GOT IN FOR GOVERNMENT & POLITICS TOO!

I'm in shock. I cannot believe it!

BUT it's the same week as my Durham summer school. S**t.

What do I do?
Reply 15
Original post by constantino_chr
I GOT IN FOR GOVERNMENT & POLITICS TOO!

I'm in shock. I cannot believe it!

BUT it's the same week as my Durham summer school. S**t.

What do I do?

Personally I would choose LSE but that decision is up to you. Which one would you prefer to study at?

Well done btw! I guess I might be seeing you there haha
Original post by antigone-
Personally I would choose LSE but that decision is up to you. Which one would you prefer to study at?

Well done btw! I guess I might be seeing you there haha

It's an impossible decision tbh.

I've dreamt about going to LSE for years, but I really don't want to stay in London and besides, the summer school doesn't guarantee you an offer where as Durham does. So I'd apply to only one of them as my 'reach' if I can.

I'd be deluded if I assumed that this would increase my chances of getting an offer for LSE because realistically, I don't have the academics nor the fund$ that they look for. However, a summer school AND a series of masterclasses far exceeds one week at the university. BUT, having looked more into Durham the more I like it, however I'm not a typical Durham boy as I'm working class, cynical and completely hopeless at sport/most things. That being said I've never been there before and it would be an amazing experience.

So I genuinely have no clue what to do.
Reply 17
Original post by constantino_chr
It's an impossible decision tbh.

I've dreamt about going to LSE for years, but I really don't want to stay in London and besides, the summer school doesn't guarantee you an offer where as Durham does. So I'd apply to only one of them as my 'reach' if I can.

I'd be deluded if I assumed that this would increase my chances of getting an offer for LSE because realistically, I don't have the academics nor the fund$ that they look for. However, a summer school AND a series of masterclasses far exceeds one week at the university. BUT, having looked more into Durham the more I like it, however I'm not a typical Durham boy as I'm working class, cynical and completely hopeless at sport/most things. That being said I've never been there before and it would be an amazing experience.

So I genuinely have no clue what to do.

The guaranteed offer at Durham is almost irresistable, I don't envy you at all. Personally I adore LSE, Durham has never been my thing. Realistically, Durham would probably be the better choice, but I guess in some ways going to the LSE Summer School could *potentially* increase your chances of getting into both rather than one, but that is a gamble. Why only apply for one? You get 5 Uni choices and you never know what will happen! If you're getting into these programmes, you're obviously a candidate with a chance of getting in.
Original post by antigone-
The guaranteed offer at Durham is almost irresistable, I don't envy you at all. Personally I adore LSE, Durham has never been my thing. Realistically, Durham would probably be the better choice, but I guess in some ways going to the LSE Summer School could *potentially* increase your chances of getting into both rather than one, but that is a gamble. Why only apply for one? You get 5 Uni choices and you never know what will happen! If you're getting into these programmes, you're obviously a candidate with a chance of getting in.

Thanks, I reckon either will look good on my application, and I know someone in the year above who got an offer for IR and she got like AABC at AS and she did LSE choice.

It's a tough call but I don't have to decide right now.
I got in for History, so I'm pretty excited about that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending