The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Dmu 2015 freshers

Just wanted to see if there's anyone on here doing my course or staying in or near my accommodation!
I'm hoping to be studying fashion buying in September and my accommodation is at Liberty Park : )

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! i'm doing Fashion Buying :smile: are you doing with Design or Marketing?
I'm at Filbert Village.. x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by ehicks7
Just wanted to see if there's anyone on here doing my course or staying in or near my accommodation!
I'm hoping to be studying fashion buying in September and my accommodation is at Liberty Park : )

I'm doing software engineering; but im staying at Liberty Park too:h:
Reply 3
I'm doing Media and Journalism and I'm also at LP :smile:
Reply 4
Hey doing biomedical science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ehicks7

Hey I'm in Liberty park, what room are you in?
Reply 6
Heyy doing Computer Science
Original post by Janay
Hey! i'm doing Fashion Buying :smile: are you doing with Design or Marketing?
I'm at Filbert Village.. x

Hey! I'll be studying textile design, I'm also in Filbert Village, Block E flat 116? ☺️
Reply 8
Original post by Megan Michelle
Hey! I'll be studying textile design, I'm also in Filbert Village, Block E flat 116? ☺️

Aww we're quite close then! I'm block E flat 118 :smile:
Original post by Janay

Ahh! Almost neighbours then :smile:
Staying at Liberty Park and studying English :smile:
Reply 11
No way, we're in the same flat!
Original post by Janay
Reply 12
Anyone studying English?
Reply 13
Also I live in Leicester so if anyone needs any advice I'm here to help x
Reply 14
Original post by nhoff
No way, we're in the same flat!

Aww yay! Have you got Facebook?
I've found 4 people in our flat so far :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Janay
Aww yay! Have you got Facebook?
I've found 4 people in our flat so far :smile:

yeah :smile: only just thought to join the group though, i'll have to look around!
First of all.. Well Done in getting your results!

I remember when I received my confirmation for Uni.. I was like *Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... Wooo.. Go me.. Go me... Thanks Mum.. Thanks Dad... Thank Aunty Pat... Thanks Rodigo the Cat.. Love goes to all my fans... and To all my haters.. Yah! Hit me!*

but then once I cooled off and the reality hit that I was going into independance...

*oh.*

Truth is, it's not as bad as people make out. Everyone is in the same boat: need new friends - anytakers will do, missing home, trying to settle in.. it happens to nearly everyone. So that does make it just a tad easier...

But what if you could have a group of students, who could potentially become your new buddies and better yet, help you move in and get you settled quicker than UCAS hotline! :cool:

Heard of First Love Helpers??

First Love Helpers are a group affiliated with the DSU (that's the De Montfort Students Union) who are investing their summer to help First years or new students, get back onto their feet as a student in Leicester.

We have willing teams made up of different years, from different courses and background, who can:

- answer your DMU related questions
- Get you involved quickly!
- Help you move in!
- Line you up with upcoming events!

We are students helping students - who have been where you have been!

We have lots of events coming up to meet new friends too - from Summer fun BBQ's to Open Mic nites and Cinema nights - there's much more of course!!

Look out for First Love in Leicester!
We are online too:

Check us out on FB: First Love Leicester
Tweet us too: @FirstLoveLei
Give us a call or text: 07882183957

And we will get a designated team to assist you right away!!

Can't wait to meet you!

Debbie x:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
wag1 everyone . my name is ash x ill be doin finance in DMU xxxx
Reply 18
Hi ash x, my name is Christabel. Currently studying Architecture at DMU. I am in a society called First Love Leicester. Can't wait to see you during fresher's week !! :smile:
yoyo guys. My names Manveer Singh Dehal aka "Manny" and il be studying Pharmacy @ DMU. See you all at freshers weeeeek. Peaceeeeeee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending