De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Dmu 2015 freshers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MannyD120297
yoyo guys. My names Manveer Singh Dehal aka "Manny" and il be studying Pharmacy @ DMU. See you all at freshers weeeeek. Peaceeeeeee.

same here....PEACE
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hey guys I'm Aman and I'll be studying psychology at DMU. So yeah:smile:
Original post by y0sxmba
same here....PEACE

Whats the name bro?
GUYSSS, I got in through clearing and I have an offer and that but does anyone know how long they'll take accept it, cause it still says referred? Thankss:smile:
Original post by viratkohlis_
GUYSSS, I got in through clearing and I have an offer and that but does anyone know how long they'll take accept it, cause it still says referred? Thankss:smile:

very soon, mine took about 24 hours.
Reply 25
Original post by MannyD120297
Whats the name bro?

Mohamed...ill be seeing you there bro.
Reply 26
Do i need to update student finance before applying for student accommodation? or the other way round?
Original post by Kirabo
Hi ash x, my name is Christabel. Currently studying Architecture at DMU. I am in a society called First Love Leicester. Can't wait to see you during fresher's week !! :smile:

I'll be starting RIBA Part 1 in September at DMU. Can you recommend how I should prepare for the course? E.g Books to read, Equipment to buy, programmes to practice with etc... (sorry to go off topic but cant see any posts related to this)
Reply 28
EVERY ROOM IS FULL!!! where am i going to stay???

Im kinda scared....
Reply 29
Original post by ILovePeaches
hey guys im applying for accommodations right now as Dmu was my insurance choice.
but it keeps coming as no rooms are available anywhere. i called them up and they say there are rooms available.
and told me to keep refreshing.
Panic mode on
HELPPPP

im in the same situation as yo... did you manage to find a room?
Original post by ILovePeaches
hey guys im applying for accommodations right now as Dmu was my insurance choice.
but it keeps coming as no rooms are available anywhere. i called them up and they say there are rooms available.
and told me to keep refreshing.
Panic mode on
HELPPPP

Hiya ILovePeaches!

Good to see you had DMU as one of your top choices!

Accommodation is still available - so there is no need to panic.
There is a lot of traffic around this point in the year due to clearing, so many students are at current racing for a place to stay via our portal - as you can imagine, if there's roughly about hundreds of students making the same demands, the website will tend to fail to respond here and there.

Best bet at this point would be to browse around Sulets - that is the Student Union related letting agency. I work in the clearing department this year and can clarify there are still spaces - so again, do not panic! :smile:

There are also plenty other options around.

If you need any more help, do let me know.

Debbie x
(edited 8 years ago)
Does DMU guarantee accomodtion for first years?
Original post by andrewpyates
Does DMU guarantee accomodtion for first years?

Accommodation is given at a first served basis. Some places fill up quicker than others, but there isn't a need to worry, there are a lot of spaces to go round.

Have a look at Sulets.com if you want to see some private student halls now!
You can also book there too.

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FirstLoveHelper
Accommodation is given at a first served basis. Some places fill up quicker than others, but there isn't a need to worry, there are a lot of spaces to go round.

Have a look at Sulets.com if you want to see some private student halls now!
You can also book there too.

Is Sulets.com for First year accommodation only? or does it include everyone? because i would prefer to be first years only
Reply 34
how do we know when uni starts? or is it the 1st of september
Original post by davidm96
how do we know when uni starts? or is it the 1st of september

I got a letter in the post today saying that enrolment week begins September 27th and that teaching doesn't start until October 5th.
Is there any accommodation left in the DMU halls?
Hey guys my name is Tayyaba but you can call me Tay. I'm going to be studying Nursing at DMU. Hope to meet everyone at freshers. Also, I'm from Leicester so if anyone needs help you can ask me?
Tay x
Reply 38
Hi, I'm Taranpreet Dhariwal! I can't find anyone doing the same course as me at DMU! It's pharmaceutical and cosmetic science!
I'm really Looking forward to it! But kinda scared as I know nobody that's going there!
Similar situation too you, just doing a different course, psychology. Also, I'll be commuting which means I'll know even less people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending