The Student Room Group

Single Ladies? What's the BEST thing about being single?

I'm not single, so would really like to know.
being single
:colone:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
being single
:colone:

What are the perks? Just being single? I guess it must feel a bit liberating to not be tied down to a guy...?
Reply 3
Wow... single ladies, I'm not sold. Seems like there aren't many perks to speak of.
Reply 4
How do you girls get laid on a regular basis? Do you ever crave the intimacy of a long-term relationship? The comfort, the cuddles, the emotional connection. Ok, so I'm in love. But let's for a moment pretend I'm not... what IS attractive about the single life for ladies?? I really, really need to know right now.
It's less hassle, don't have to have sex when you don't feel like it, can freely talk to other guys..you just have time to focus on stuff that you want to do.
Speak to multiple guys. Go on multiple dates without any stress or obligation :biggrin:
Reply 7
Probably not much, if the singledom is not by own choice.
Reply 8
Original post by Redfrost
It's less hassle, don't have to have sex when you don't feel like it, can freely talk to other guys..you just have time to focus on stuff that you want to do.

Interesting analysis. It highlight why the right person and right time for a relationship is important.
Reply 9
Interesting... many of those sound like good points.
How do you girls get laid on a regular basis? Do you ever crave the intimacy of a long-term relationship? The comfort, the cuddles, the emotional connection. Ok, so I'm in love. But let's for a moment pretend I'm not... what IS attractive about the single life for ladies?? I really, really need to know right now.

Well unless someone sleeps around or has a FWB then no, we don't get laid on a regular basis lol. That part sucks! So does the other things you list. But you asked what the best thing is, not the worst.

For me, I guess it would be being able to do what I want, when I want, not having to compromise and being selfish. Basically just putting ME first. Having more time to things I enjoy.
Obviously, you should put yourself first single or not, but if you're in a serious relationship it's not that straight forward.
Original post by Zarek
Interesting analysis. It highlight why the right person and right time for a relationship is important.

Agreed.
You can talk to multiple guys :colondollar:
The BEST thing is that I can make decisions for myself by myself, without the need to consider anyone else. E.g. if I want to move house, work somewhere else, additional bills to pay, wear a rather revealing dress without wondering if it's appropriate.

There's other little perks - talking and flirting with lots of guys etc
Not having to shave or worry about how you look so much
Can go out and have fun whenever you want without having someone to tell you you can't.
Can speak to multiple guys, sleep with whoever you want (my sex life is pretty good for someone who's single).
Get to spend more time with friends and family.
Don't have to worry about looking good all the time or shaving constantly.
Don't have worries about whether someone is cheating on you or whether they like you or not anymore...

My best friend had just come out of a 5 year relationship and she said the best part about it is the fact she can spend her own money without her boyfriend controlling her and stuff... Take it how you please.
I'm not single, so would really like to know.

For me I would think that the best part is the freedom to do whatever I want without having to answer to anyone. There is more time to meet up with loads of friends and just spend time learning more about myself and trying new things. :smile: My ex used to threaten breaking up whenever I mentioned getting a new body art etc and I got sick of living by someone else's rules.
Reply 17
You can claim that no one put a ring on it.
Casual sex.

Fun dates.

But mostly the fact I can make a decision without worrying about anyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending