The Student Room Group

Manchester uni and optometry

Hey! So, the university of Manchester gives 2 courses on optometry, a bsc and a MOptom one. Can you please explain the differences between the two? And generally, optometry requires 4 years of undergraduate studies and then a 4 years university program in optometry. However, in the description of the optometry courses in Manchester uni, it says that they are undergraduate courses. So wb the other 4 years? Do you apply for the course right after your a levels? No prerequisites needed? Sigh......can someone explain the whole thing to me plz? And is the tuition fees of Manchester uni high compared to other ones? Also, is it hard to get into it? And is it better than city university? Thanks for any help. Extra advice or information will be great :biggrin:
The 2 courses at Manchester are very similar. There is a 3 year Bsc course in which you will finish and have a bachelors degree, whereas the other degree is the same 3 year degree but with an extra year to study your masters. However, when applying for the course you only need to apply for one as the only start recruiting people for masters in the second year. Manchester also charges the same as all the other unis offering optometry so it is £9000 per year.I'm not sure which uni is better as there are a lot of thing to take into account, however on the league tables currently, I'm pretty sure Manchester is ahead but that doesn't really tell you much.
Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending