The Student Room Group

Are there any names that you won't date?

I won't date anyone called Gemma or Louisa due to the fact that my two beautiful close special friends have those names and if I were to end a relationship with someone called one of those two names it could have a negative effect on my relationship with my beautiful special friends. I can't afford to lose those two girls.

Scroll to see replies

People who are named after Towns, Cities, Fruit or where they were conceived. #Money Can't Buy Class
Original post by SausageMan
People who are named after Towns, Cities, Fruit or where they were conceived. #Money Can't Buy Class

so you wouldnt date a woman called mercedes?
Original post by scriberg
so you wouldnt date a woman called mercedes?

I didn't mention cars, although there is a town called Mercedes in Texas. Which one are you referring to? I feel it depends more on the reasoning behind the name.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I won't date anyone called Gemma or Louisa due to the fact that my two beautiful close special friends have those names and if I were to end a relationship with someone called one of those two names it could have a negative effect on my relationship with my beautiful special friends. I can't afford to lose those two girls.

Judging by that statement I think a John or Steve would be your cup of tea...
Original post by Jebedee
Judging by that statement I think a John or Steve would be your cup of tea...
<br>
I'm not sexually &nbsp;or romantically attracted to males.
Reply 6
<br>
I'm not sexually &nbsp;or romantically attracted to males.

It might not be your choice by the sound of it. You'll never find a girl with such a feminine mindset like that. It's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from a lonely cat lady.
Original post by Jebedee
It might not be your choice by the sound of it. You'll never find a girl with such a feminine mindset like that. It's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from a lonely cat lady.

I'm not a female... I don't understand what you're talking about. I'm not going to be with someone who has the same name as my friends in case we end which could affect my relationship with my friends.
Reply 8
I'm not a female... I don't understand what you're talking about. I'm not going to be with someone who has the same name as my friends in case we end which could affect my relationship with my friends.

I didn't say you were a female I'm saying you talk and think like one. Plus attaching some hidden meaning behind a name is ridiculous. A name is just a name and there's no special meaning behind it. Plus if your "special relationships" are so flimsy as to fall apart due to something so trivial then I don't think they're that special at all.
Original post by Jebedee
I didn't say you were a female I'm saying you talk and think like one. Plus attaching some hidden meaning behind a name is ridiculous. A name is just a name and there's no special meaning behind it. Plus if your "special relationships" are so flimsy as to fall apart due to something so trivial then I don't think they're that special at all.

I can't allow myself to lose any of my friends, especially my close friends, I love them too much to let anything/one get between us. Friends before girlfriends.
I can't allow myself to lose any of my friends, especially my close friends, I love them too much to let anything/one get between us. Friends before girlfriends.

I can't imagine why you think two people sharing the same name would ever cause any kind of conflict whatsoever. I have to ask when is the last time you even had a gf?
Original post by Jebedee
I can't imagine why you think two people sharing the same name would ever cause any kind of conflict whatsoever. I have to ask when is the last time you even had a gf?

I've had three unofficial girlfriends, two of them were online and one of them was in real life but it lasted a week. I've yet to have an official relationship of a romantic nature.
I've had three unofficial girlfriends, two of them were online and one of them was in real life but it lasted a week. I've yet to have an official relationship of a romantic nature.

Right okay 'nuff said :biggrin:
As you were...
Original post by Jebedee
Right okay 'nuff said :biggrin:
As you were...

As I were what?
[h="2"]as you were[/h][h="3"]Definitions[/h]

a military command to withdraw an order, return to the previous position, etc

Original post by Jebedee
as you were

Definitions

a military command to withdraw an order, return to the previous position, etc

That makes no sense to me.
Anything ending in "sha"
That makes no sense to me.

I fear there is a lot that won't make sense to you...
Reply 18
Any name beginning in 'la' or 'sha', ending in 'sha', or having a 'qua' sound in - you know the kind of names I mean. Also, names which are ridiculous alterations of traditional names such as 'Tonya', or 'Beatriz' (seriously heard this one before).

Names of places and inanimate objects are also a bit iffy, but I don't have the same 'blanket ban' on them.
Anyone with a name different from that of my boyfriend :biggrin:

It's funny, but before I met my bf, I was having a discussion about what I thought the most fanciable names were and my boyfriend's name was joint top of my list. I guess it was meant to be :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending