The Student Room Group

Advice needed on going back to Uni.

I’ll start from the beginning, seems like a better place than any. So a couple years ago I enrolled in an animation course, which great at first soon turned sour and quite honestly was poorly run.

And when I say poorly run I mean it, most of the teachings me and peers had to find on youtube in order to actually learn the skills needed for the assignments.
By the end of the first term it was beyond a joke that we were all paying for this and we wanted change, many students left and many threatened to leave, our tutor promised us change many times.

By the time we got to the second year we realised that nothing was going to change ..and nothing did. Many jumped ship to other courses. By the end of the second year I enough and simply dropped out and did not finish my second year. By the end of the second year there were only two students left on the course.

A year has gone by since all of this and although my first uni experience was a massive disappointment I still would like a degree under my belt.

I would just like to know where I stand on re-enrolling in another course because I have used up two years of finance already and to my knowledge student finance only allow for four, So the only option in my mind would be to start at the second year on a course. I was just wondering if I have this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Student finance give you a 'false start' year and then full funding for another course, as you have used up 2 years, I'm going to assume you only have 2 years left so yes starting from second year is your only choice, unless you have the money to fund an extra year yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending